carburetor suspect problems

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I got bored reading the previous posts

Your engine HAD a Divorced Choke. It currently has no functioning Choke, cause the Brainiac who chose the Intake, picked an Automotive Intake intended for use with a Carb with an Electric Choke. The Choke Plate is just flapping in the Breeze and relying on Airflow to pull it open, past the spot that the Choke Pull off partially opens it.
As for the hopping up to 300hp with an Aftermarket Cam, etc. I doubt there was much Competence when it came to selecting a Cam Grind suitable for Marine use. Might make 300hp on a Dyno, But what is great in a Car/Truck, is rarely good in a boat.

lukecono

Seaman
I got bored reading the previous posts

Your engine HAD a Divorced Choke. It currently has no functioning Choke, cause the Brainiac who chose the Intake, picked an Automotive Intake intended for use with a Carb with an Electric Choke. The Choke Plate is just flapping in the Breeze and relying on Airflow to pull it open, past the spot that the Choke Pull off partially opens it.
As for the hopping up to 300hp with an Aftermarket Cam, etc. I doubt there was much Competence when it came to selecting a Cam Grind suitable for Marine use. Might make 300hp on a Dyno, But what is great in a Car/Truck, is rarely good in a boat.
Sorry about the boredom. You'll like this one lol, choke flaps zip tied open since nothing is there to hold it open so it's not flapping in the wind ;). He went with everything marine grade for internals, and I have receipts for it. Only a notch above stock but I'm sure your right to get things back together faster lol. Oh well every boat in my lifes been a valuable piece to learn from so I can take that away from it at least and enjoy each trip operating normally even more.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Sorry about the boredom. You'll like this one lol, choke flaps zip tied open since nothing is there to hold it open so it's not flapping in the wind ;). He went with everything marine grade for internals, and I have receipts for it. Only a notch above stock but I'm sure your right to get things back together faster lol. Oh well every boat in my lifes been a valuable piece to learn from so I can take that away from it at least and enjoy each trip operating normally even more.
The pics showed the Choke Plate closed.