Carburator with electric pump question

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: Carburator with electric pump question

Pull off should be 15/64(6mm), but right now it probably helping you that is closed too much. I am still leaning toward a blocked (or partially blocked) passage. Closing the choke down, increased the vacuum inside the carb and thus "sucked" more fuel through for the same amount of air.

i_timmers

Seaman Apprentice

Well, Literally just got in from the lake! She runs like a top! It got up, and jumped to 4500+ rpms in a heartbeat! The temp stayed @ 160 and didn't rise higher either. The only thing the boat did was when I throttled back(slowly), idled the boat for 30 seconds and shut it down, it ran on for 2-3 seconds.:confused: It did this only once. Other than that, it is smoother than it has ever ran and the power didn't falter. Quick question, what's the highest rpm's that it is safe to run at? The tach shows anything above 4,500 is considered a "red zone". I figured it should be good till 5,000?:D Any ideas?

180shabah

Rear Admiral

I can't explain it, but if it's runnin' good now, I guess it really wouldn't matter ;)

Anyway, Glad to hear you got it going. The WOT for this engine is 4400-4800RPM.

i_timmers

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for all the help with this. It sure made it worth being up till 3am pumping old fuel out, cleaning, and replacing the other parts. Now all I have to do is repair the speedo and the horn(I'm sure it's just a crappy horn) and this thing is golden!

Thank you to all with this project!