offshore100
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter- Joined
- Jun 27, 2007
- Messages
- 91
Hi all, this is my first post. I've searched like crazy through these posts but have come up pretty dry. So I've registered in the hope that maybe somebody here can help.
I own a number of outboards (OMC pre Bomby), here's my question:
Why do some of 'em have breather covers, (my '86 90hp and my '97 8hp), and some don't, (my '85 30hp and my '81 4.5hp).
The reason I ask is that I don't like them. I like being able to see the mouth of the carb, and carb adjustments are much easier without the bulky boxes in the way.
So I want to remove them from my 90hp and my 8hp.
What little I could find in my search mentioned either they are absolutely necessary or your motor will run too lean and burn up, or that they're put on only for noise control.
Anybody have any real-world experience they'd like to contribute?
I'd be much obliged.
I own a number of outboards (OMC pre Bomby), here's my question:
Why do some of 'em have breather covers, (my '86 90hp and my '97 8hp), and some don't, (my '85 30hp and my '81 4.5hp).
The reason I ask is that I don't like them. I like being able to see the mouth of the carb, and carb adjustments are much easier without the bulky boxes in the way.
So I want to remove them from my 90hp and my 8hp.
What little I could find in my search mentioned either they are absolutely necessary or your motor will run too lean and burn up, or that they're put on only for noise control.
Anybody have any real-world experience they'd like to contribute?
I'd be much obliged.