FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Can you remove the thrust pin on motor bracket in order to achieve more negative trim,or does it need to be there?I need to get my bow down a little more.Does any one know?thanks
Re: can you run 1993 90hp evinrude without the thrust pin?
what position is the pin in ?it can be removed as far as i understand.ive always thought of it as a tilt pin ,if you have tnt remove it if need be .i know on my boat with basically the same motor its very sensitive to trim because its so light.
Re: can you run 1993 90hp evinrude without the thrust pin?
Personally I would use some tapered shims to do that. Why do you need to do this in the first place ??? could be a set up issue that can be resolved with a little more Q & A
Personally I would use some tapered shims to do that. Why do you need to do this in the first place ??? could be a set up issue that can be resolved with a little more Q & A
I would like do this because its way more motor than the boat needs . its back heavy with a bit of porpoising and bow rise.I almost have it under control in the holes closest to boat, but I feel a little more would be better.
the boat also has inset motor well check out the pic