FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I can tell you it's year is 1993. That is the only year the serial numbers started with MK and ended with an A. The thrust is not as easy to find. I would guess maybe 36-40 lb thrust. You can always try calling Minn Kota and giving them the serial number to see if they can tell you.
I called them based on your advice. They confirmed 1993 but said the serial won’t tell them the rest. They told me to take the motor cover off and there is a label on the inside of it with all of the information.
It shouldnwork fine for my 11ft jon boat. It’s not very heavy
They were wrong, no label. I’ve decided I don’t really care. I just need to fix it. When it’s hooked up to battery is is always on and at one speed. Turning the selector does nothing. I’m assuming the switch has gone bad.
They got it from the motor! It’s weaker than I would have liked, but based off the general ratio for thrust vs weight I think it’ll work fine. At least for now!