Can you believe this!!!! Gunmaker pays sniper victims

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Can you believe this!!!! Gunmaker pays sniper victims

Originally posted by Drowned Rat:<br /> .....But, what if this Bull's Eye Gun Shop knowingly sold weapons to people who legally should not have them and then tried to cover it up?.....
Bull's Eye Gun Shop had weapons that were misplaced, unaccounted for, and unreported. If they were robbed, they should have reported it. If they sold them illegally, they should be held responsible for that. If they lost them, they should be held responsible for it.<br /><br />My position is that the manufacturer has no responsibility for that at all. They made a product, sold it to a licensed distributor, who was approved by the federal and state to sell firearms. Their responsibility ended when the weapons were delivered to Bull's Eye Gun Shop.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> It's cheaper to settle than to go to court and win.<br /><br />Dag-blasted frivolous litigation really bugs me, man! :mad: <br /><br />Gee Dubya is gonna fix that if he gets a strong enough majority in Congress in Nov.
I only hope GWB will take care of this. It was never written in the consititution that you are required to have a lawyer, and that lawyer must charge 1000 dollars/hr. What a racket! <br /><br />Ken

Drowned Rat

Captain

Capt. Kidd. I totally agree.<br /><br />Kenimpzoom. I would argue that those boys may never have even thought about doing what they did if they didn't have access to the guns in the first place. We will never know. <br /><br />
By Kenimpzoom<br /> What is your "feel good" death amount limit?
You really don't understand my position. Have you ever fought to save a child's life because of a shotgun blast to face? It didn't kill the child mind you. We found him screaming, running into walls because his eyes were gone. The child lived and eventually graduated from high school. I could tell many horrible stories and none of them end with me "Feeling good" about the loss of life.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Drowned Rat, I understand your point. I dont like death and mayhem any more than you do.<br /><br />But blaming the tool is not the solution. Blaming the criminal and proper punishment is.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

To quote Big Dan (John Goodman's character in the movie Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, :<br /><br />"It's all about the money!"<br /><br />Reason & responsibility got nothing to do with it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

insane!! It's like the Toro irrigation company having to re-inburse people who use thier sprinklers FOR CUTTING THIER GRASS!!!<br />It's the same legal argument. Hey, I better sut up now, lest I give some ambulance chasers any ideas.

Ralph 123

Captain

Next car wreck I am in, I am going to sue GM, FORD, and all others
Believe it or not, people do that every day. I did a little work for 2 of the big 3 around this very issue and I can tell you that they have some of the largest legal staffs in America.