Can not get epoxy resin-What now

Martman

Seaman
I have read many of the posts and it looks like epoxy resin is what to use, for my new stringers and top but I can not easily get it in my area(western Canada). I am making new stringers, and plywood top. Poly resin is everywhere but no epoxy.
I can get(order overnight) US chemical hybrid resin it say it works with expoxy or poly materials, cloth or mat.
I need an opinion on what to do.

1986 17 foot Edson Commander open bow deep vee.
120 HP Johnson VRO

Attachments

• Aoril 8 2010 Regina Ramp 018.jpg
    Aoril 8 2010 Regina Ramp 018.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0

Capn Klaus

Cadet
Re: Can not get epoxy resin-What now

I have read many of the posts and it looks like epoxy resin is what to use, for my new stringers and top but I can not easily get it in my area(western Canada).

If you contact Industrial Paints and Plastic here in Calgary, Alberta, they can ship Epoxy to you. They may even have a distributor some where in your area.

There website is: www.ippnet.com

Klaus

saumon

Lieutenant

Have a look at the Interlux web site http://www.yachtpaint.com/usa/default.asp and search for their Epiglass HT9000 epoxy resin. There's also a retail store locator on their site on wich you choose your state or province...Where are you, BC or AB

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

You should be able to get epoxy just about anywhere in North America and Western Canada has many suppliers of it. You just need to look a little harder.

Martman

Seaman

I did find a boat shop that carries the west products, not cheap that is for sure.

Thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

West systems is good stuff but yes pricey...... loaclly here in Vermont a gallon of west resin is $94 and the quart (really less in the can) is $40....... we feel your pain ;)