Can I fix the Silver Lining Again, or OOOPPPSSS I dropped my 18' SS

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Can I fix the Silver Lining Again, or OOOPPPSSS I dropped my 18' SS

Thant really sucks Sig, the only nylon straps I will trust for lifting is the one you buy that are rated as a lifting sling.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

WOW it is sad to see and read about this. But on the positive side, be extremely thankful that nobody was hurt. Next time you think about using chains and don't want to scratch the finish, think towels. You can place towels under the chains to protect the finish and lift the boat. Hope you get it swapped and repaired without any other major issues... I too feel your pain! :eek:

InMotion

Commander

Wow Sig!! Just read through this... and yup, that stinks. I can't really tell in the pics whether the hull is warped... perhaps the rivets and the splash well were the "give" point and the hull remained fine.

Best of luck with putting it back together and looking forward to seeing some pics with her all ship shape!!!!

Jim

SigSaurP229

Commander

Well guys I stared at those pics for a full 8 hours last night basically heart broken.

Jim I think you are correct I think the rub rail channel and splashwell were the give point. I think they can be more or less straightened.

On the up note all trailers swapped the 16ss is flipped back over I will fix this as soon as the 16ss. This boat is my baby I want nothing more than to be tearing this apart and fixing it now but I have to stay focused and wrap the 16ss up quick

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yeah - Get the 16SS fixed and flipped. If for nothing more than to restore your confidence that the Silver Lining will shine through in the end. I really think she looks worse off than she is. But take a break from her and hit the 16!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yeesh! Sorry about the drop man!:embarassed:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Well guys I stared at those pics for a full 8 hours last night basically heart broken.

Jim I think you are correct I think the rub rail channel and splashwell were the give point. I think they can be more or less straightened.

On the up note all trailers swapped the 16ss is flipped back over I will fix this as soon as the 16ss. This boat is my baby I want nothing more than to be tearing this apart and fixing it now but I have to stay focused and wrap the 16ss up quick

I give you all the credit in the world if you can pull that one off... me, I would be consumed with thoughts of fixing my baby and couldn't concentrate on anything else until it was made right.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Ohh it certainly is not going to be easy but priorities dictate i put the money fronted on the 16 ss back in the bank account

barato2

Commander

and nothing says you can't use the 16SS while waiting for it to sell or your big SS to get fixed, whichever comes first. it's a wise man who buys a spare boat BEFORE something happens to his Main Tin.

sorry to hear about this. as with all mishaps, a cautionary tale.....this is why i post all my screwups. don't think i would have seen that coming either. reinforces my determination to use the straw-bales-and-manpower plan for removing the Holiner from trailer, though.