Can I add a telltale to the Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Can I add a telltale to the Force?

The Doc used to frequent this site and give expert advice, he is a tech up in canada and now runs his own forum. Just google The Marine Doctor and you can find his site. His and this one are the best forums out there, and both are invaluable tools for the do it yourselfer

gunner1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I went to do mine, but mine has a 1/8" plug and I couldn't find a fitting for it.

puddle jumper

Captain

This is how i plumed mine i used a 10inch new grease gun hose, 45deg brass
fitting, 90deg brass fitting and a grease fitting to fit the end of the 45deg fitting coming out of the engine housing.I ground out the check ball in the
grease and as you can see used it for a restriction so i would not loose as muchwater psi in the cooling system.
HPIM0470.jpg

HPIM0471-1.jpg

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice job, I was going to do the 90 right out of the housing, but mine sits a bit lower on my 125 so I would have had to put a nipple on then a 90, then a barbed fitting, so I just chose to go straight out. I may change that to something like yours if I come across the proper 90.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

For you guys using 1/4" fuel line, a short length of 1/4" copper pipe will fit in nice and snug and give a nice restriction. I know that Johnson/Evinrude uses a 1/4 hose and it does pump quite a bit of water out the telltale. I think adding a small restriction on the Force is a good idea because they didn't count on the pressure drop from a telltale.

rudedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

I went to do mine, but mine has a 1/8" plug and I couldn't find a fitting for it.

Mine is a 1/8 NPT also, any auto parts store should have them, I just got a 1/8 NPT 90 for my evinrude, I baxtr-ized it today, a lot more work doing the rude.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Mark your last picture made me have to run to take a ****!!! Or maybee its this beer im drinkin! LOL

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Great job and clean looking guys!! Thanks fot the pictures. I love when people post pics of the small projects. My yamaha pisses out to the side a little on the drivers side(most likely so the driver can see it). I had other o/b motors that pissed straight back. So i thought i was the S@#% with it going to the side. I want mine to pump straight up now so i can out-doo you guys! joking. LOL Great job though!!

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

you could use Mark42's idea pictured in the first page of this post, a piece of copper tubing bent and pushed into the tubing, then you can aim it wherever you want, left, right, up, down, at your passengers, your towables........ :)

rudedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used a wire tie to restrict the flow on the force. Also a small peice of clear tubeing stuck into the bigger hose works like the copper tube. The Evinrude I just put a smaller hose barb and tube on it .

bjhc100

Seaman Apprentice

I did hook up a flush line and it worked like a charm. Ran 15 min never even hinted at warming up. HC

Attachments

• compressed flusher.jpg
    compressed flusher.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 9
  • compressed flusher2.jpg
    compressed flusher2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

KeysJack

Cadet
Re: Can I add a telltale to the Force? - This thread saved me!!

Re: Can I add a telltale to the Force? - This thread saved me!!

OK, so I was at NAPA before going out Saturday and I thought about this thread. I grabbed a 1/8" NPT 90 that had a barb and three feet of fuel hose. About 6$.

IMG_8148.jpg

Not as nice as everyone elses, but works for me!! I like the convenient snap out port there. I am going to drill it later on.

IMG_8149.jpg

So I ran into the mud pretty hard. Jumped off and pushed myself out in the waist deep yuck. When I got into the deep I fired it up and no water.
Intake was clear etc. I ended up blowing and sucking on the tube and it freed up. Bunch of silt came out and I was all good and pumping again.

Safe back home with no help. :)

IMG_8146.jpg

Matthew A.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice pics but...just wait...you'll see that injecting water into the fuel system is never a good idea with either Chrysler or Force engines....... :p

rockytopp

Cadet

A real neat idea and at a cost saving application. Wow......
Only one thing I could add, here in the south we have mud daubers. They
tend to fill up any hole they can put a insect in and then cap it with mud. I have
had to unplug weedeater mufflers overnight and weepers or tell tale pipe as you all call them, also known as pee pipe's all the same... so if your from the south you soon learn to check for the bee's that plug holes... IN some cases they can be costly. PJG.

dayton2001

Cadet

Just broke my first screwdriver, that guy owes us some money. will get the part tomorrow for my impact and see how that works.:(

gjm

Petty Officer 3rd Class

just wanted to move this up so a friend could find it easier.

ship5182

Cadet

this is a great thread so I am bumping for newcomers.

contractorguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

On an L-Drive, the tail would hit the people in the back seat:D

I've thought about this wild idea...an 'On Demand Telltale'.
Plumbed in like normal, but with a little solenoid valve run from a push button on the dash. 'Press to Test' Even thought about running the tube all the way up to a small thru hull beside the dash. Driver could press the button and just look out the side to verify.... Hmmmm Think about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.