Can Dockside Chat recite from memory

one more cast

Captain
Re: Can Dockside Chat recite from memory

AMERICA<br /><br /> we were close....here it is.<br /> <br />We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Pretty darn close.<br /><br />I only know most of it cause I am a kid of the 70s. Every saturday morning I watched cartoons and they had School House Rock which set the Preamble to music.<br /><br />For some reason I was humming that tune today and wondered if anyone else could rememeber the preamble.<br /><br />Ken

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

That and we had to memorize it in school every year of elementary through jr. high.<br /><br />Usually ahd to study it right before and after they told us that Russia was going to attack and blow us all off of the map. With that and the films on the nukes and A bombs, the fallout shelter drills it is amazing we turned out as close to normal as we did.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

GREAT!!!!<br /><br />Now it will be at least 2 days for me to get that song out of my head. Not the constitution thing but.......<br /><br />Conjunction Junction<br />What's your function.

one more cast

Captain

I never heard it in song form. It was a requirement in my school to memorize it and say it in front of the class to pass 6th grade.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Hooking up cars and makin (AHHHHHH I FORGET THE NEXT WORDS!!!!)<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

OK, it is 2:30 P.M. and I still have that (*^@^*%*(*( song in my head. And I have to go to work in a few hours! This is just not right!

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> It was a requirement in my school to memorize it and say it in front of the class to pass 6th grade.
Wow, you must be like 200 years old! ;)