Can anyone name the make/model and year of this boat.

Sweetser

Cadet
Hello forum,
Im in a jam... Im trying to rescue the attached boat. I am usually pretty resourceful, but I have found it impossible to find any prevalent info on her. Your guidance will help me, to do what I can to bring her back to original glory. Thank you for you for your help.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
without paperwork its a "yard planter" brand 99% of the time

WILLOWBURN_GALLERY_boat-garden-1.jpg

Sweetser

Cadet
I can't upload pics from any device and it won't let me copy a url...

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
Is it the boat you have as your profile picture now? Scott--that is a nice planter you have there! Who needs a raise flower bed, when you have a boat you can't do anything else with?

Yatzekcs

Cadet
LOL, same as me, as per rules (I do sometimes read them) new guys have to have 3 posts before they can upload any pics :)
I used my google account and shared pictures of mine.
Hope this helps.

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Profile pic is a typical appx mid 1960's runabout as made by some very large number of companies.

Better pictures (size and more view angles) may help ID the boat.

I know Lone Star for one made a similar boat, but can't say that is by that brand.

Sweetser

Cadet
guys I'm sorry, not sure why it took so long... but success. I hope...please any and all advice would be great... even if she is to become a little desert oasis dipping pool out here in Joshua tree, Id really like to know more about her.. I haven't seen another dash like that. where it is partitioned. Her lines at the break, just aft of non-reinforced plexi-glass wind shield.... its unique ... Thanks for your help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Nothing unique about the windshield, many boats from the 50' and 60's used the same W/S.

What does the paperwork say? The first clue to ID'ing her - And really owning her.

somekindaboat.PNG

Sweetser

Cadet
Well.. Actually there are several aspects of the windshield that are different even though they look the same.. Some of the middle reinforcing bar. Some arent all the around the passengers. Some have chrome aroynd the base on the front where others a rubber weather stripping.. Some have a handsome aluminum elbow where it meets the deck. Others have sort of sheet metal piece that resembles drywall corner bead. Some are bubble shape some more stream line... The thing that I think stands out is the bow hatch. I've seen them but not in a 16 footer.

Alas the paperwork... My friend who gave me the boat had lost it... He says 1964 chris craft... I knew he was mistaken. But perhaps a boat kit. I'm at a loss and could really use some help.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It is a rare boat one will have in the middle of the dessert. Sorry I can't help but I can say it is one fine looking 50's 60's era boat. How did it get in the desert?

Sweetser

Cadet
Not sure how it got to the desert. I spent most of my life on the water and some how ended up here as well. Thank you for that compliment about the boat.. I know there are a bunch out there, a whole bunch. But something about this little ski boat... I sure do like it. I'll keep hunting.. The guy I got it from has had it sitting in his barn here for about 15 years... So I'm sure the DMV can sort me out.. Thank you very much for your help.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dont be surprised if it proves difficult to title/register w out title

If I had to guess, your buddy will have to do whatever is necessary to apply for a duplicate title, then transfer it to you.

Some states are much .ore difficult to deal w whwn dealong w old boats.

Make sure you know whats required for the trailer too. Some places, trailers are a bigger pain then boats.

Lone Star
Texas Maid

Would be 2 of the brands I'd research. Both offered smaller 16 and 18ftrs w bow hatches.

Good luck

Sweetser

Cadet
Thanks for the heads up.. I'll keep it mind. I knew line star but not texas maid. Thanks... Slighty different lines... The keys to me are the partitioned dash ...you usually see continuous line abeam. Sometimes recesseced as a shelf but not halved like that. And the capped bow with hatch...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Nice looking boat.I would have that on the water by hook or crook!I had 3 yes 3 of those exact same windshields right down to the rubber and sides .If memory serves me correctly sears in the 80,s sold them right out of their specialty catalog..

briangcc

Commander
Nice looking 50's/60's boat. It'd be a fun project provided the paperwork pans out.

As for the windshield comments...my parents bought one exactly like that through, believe it or not, SEARS, back in the 80's. I helped install it on the '56 MFG in my signature.

Sweetser

Cadet
I couldn't agree more gang.. There are are several with identical parts.. Wind shields, clears, a s nav lights... Sears is very close although I thought line star had it beat... I used to work on the water all day every day.. Staring at boats is what we did. The bow hatch is what is throwing me. I think it's why the dash board is also partitioned.. The stern is a bit more tumblehome than most others.. Maybe indicating late 50's.. But I've searched and no luck.