huntandhook
Seaman
Thread starter- Joined
- Jul 29, 2005
- Messages
- 58
Hello Everyone,
I am having spark troubles with my 1979 Johnson 40HP. I have checked the points, replaced the ignition coils and the driver coil, and checked the safety switch and all the wiring connections, but I am still getting a weak spark on both cylinders. The spark is a little better on the top cylinder than the lower, but neither spark is strong enough to start the motor. I am wondering if the key switch could be at fault, since I have checked everthing else I can think of. The starter motor turns when I turn the key, but the motor won't start. Is it possible that a short in the key switch could be the cuase of my spark problems? Is there any way to test the key switch? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,H&H
I am having spark troubles with my 1979 Johnson 40HP. I have checked the points, replaced the ignition coils and the driver coil, and checked the safety switch and all the wiring connections, but I am still getting a weak spark on both cylinders. The spark is a little better on the top cylinder than the lower, but neither spark is strong enough to start the motor. I am wondering if the key switch could be at fault, since I have checked everthing else I can think of. The starter motor turns when I turn the key, but the motor won't start. Is it possible that a short in the key switch could be the cuase of my spark problems? Is there any way to test the key switch? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,H&H