Can’t get on plane

Boatbuyingloser

Seaman Apprentice
Check the anti-siphon valve
Alright I’ve got some new info, I went out today and I was wrong. The pickup tube and anti siphon valve was not actually welded to the tank. The screen on the pickup tube had some algae but not enough to clog it, cleaned it off and blew air through all the fuel lines (disconnected at both ends) they all looked good, one had some gas and algae but other than that they were fine. The anti siphon valve was fine, spring and ball bearing moved freely. I was planning on testing fuel pressure, but one of the hard lines (from fuel filter housing -> fuel pump) got twisted when I tried unscrewing it, so I’ll have to fix that before testing the fuel pressure.

I hooked all the lines back up (this was before I tried disconnecting the hard line, it was a smaller diameter than the flexible lines so maybe just that one line was clogged?) and tried to crank it over and see if gas came out, but nothing… maybe a couple drops in the fuel filter but other than that it was dry.
Do I have to prime the lines and fuel filter to get gas to come out? What should I check next besides fuel pressure once I fix the fuel line?

P.S. random question, but what pipe thread should I use on fuel lines? Does regular Teflon work?