CA or bust!!

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: CA or bust!!

I know it sure sucks that the Sacramento River has the largest run of King Salmon in the United States.<br />You'll be about a hour away from me putting you on them chappy. ;)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Now that sounds like a deal Skinny!!!<br />Up here you can only keep 5 King Salmon a year (North of a line drawn on a map from Point A to Point B) - most of my fishing area BTW. Is it like that down there too?<br /><br />Update - movers have everything all wrapped up. Couch, chairs, tv, everything that I am not taking that is. I will be sleeping on an air mattress again, kids in a tent for the next couple of nights. Moving truck comes in tomorrow am to pack it all out.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Skinnywater

Commander

Up here you can only keep 5 King Salmon a year (North of a line drawn on a map from Point A to Point B) - most of my fishing area BTW. Is it like that down there too?<br />
Two a day per person. Season opens July16, but won't get really going until late August. It'll give you time to get settled. I'm an easy 60-70 mile drive north of Marysville.<br />I have the bait and tackle covered, so stay in touch and we'll do it. ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> I drive out of here on Monday afternoon.
If you mean the week before the fourth, which I think you do. Im on vaction that week and will be over on the east side of the state Untill the fourth. Dang, I was really looking forward to meeting you and taking you fishing. I guess now you might as well just go all the way down I-5. Shoot, Dang, Crud!!!!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Man!!!!!<br />That sux big time. I will have to take a trip up to the little O (In my world, the Big O is Ohio State :D ) sometime then.<br /><br />Enjoy your vacation.<br />My wife says I ain't allowed to pout about not going bass fishin with you either.<br /><br />AK Chappy

LubeDude

Admiral

Well. I aint never fished Orvile either. We may get together yet.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Man it really sux being homeless!!! :D :D <br /><br />I have spent the past few days with a friend. I packed, unpacked, packed and unpacked my trailer full of ****, I mean stuff. Then I tried to leave yesterday and the trailer was just too tall and top heavy. I ended up renting a U-Haul trailer and unpacking and packing my schtuff again!!<br /><br />We are actually starting our drive down this morning. We want to leave at about 9 am. I will at least be somewhere in the Lower 48 for the 4th. I just may not be in Marysville now.<br /><br />Thanks again for all the well wishes. Skinny, I have to leave my boat up here (gives me a reason to come back :) ) I will be looking for a new one down there, but look forward to doing some fishing with you.<br /><br />LD, <br />Sorry to hear we will miss each other. I was looking forward to that too. But yeah, we can get together for Orville, or I might make a trip to see you.<br /><br />Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to CA I go!<br />AK Chappy

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

It has been a very uneventful trip so far. No problems (other than massive frost heaves and mosquitos).<br />We changed our direction of travel and went down through Montana. I wanted to go to the Little Bighorn Memorial. (We did that today)<br />We have seen several Black Bears, a Sow Grizzley and two cubs, Caribou, Deer (Blacktail and Whitetail), Elk, Bison, Fox, Coyote and a ton of beautiful scenery. Tomorrow, we should make Nevada and Monday CA. Just in time for the 4th. Now I just have to find a place to watch the fireworks.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> Just in time for the 4th. Now I just have to find a place to watch the fireworks.<br /><br />AK Chappy
I would say look for a high school or a lake. Should be a show around those areas. Continue having an uneventful trip and get here safe.<br />Bassy<br />Edit: Here is place in Sacramento you might like to check out:<br />City: Sacramento<br />Date: 07/04/2005<br />Location: Cal Expo 1600 Exposition blvd. 95815<br />Price: Free! ($7-parking)<br />Information: NEWS 10's Independence Day Celebration brought to you by The City and County of Sacramento. Dancing, fun, and special prizes and of course a SPECTACULIAR FIREWORK DISPLAY!! LIVE SIMULCAST, by TV NEWS 10 and radio KNCI 105.1 FM -Country

LubeDude

Admiral

Looks like you got a late start, if you still want to go though here, Im home now. Not likly though with your new direction though.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

i moved from anch to calif bay area ,,,this place is out of this world high rents and wormy/ mercury fish that go deep in summer and to cold in winter ,,,i loved alaska...........sounds like you will keep your residency for the permenant fund checks ,,,,,,,,,,nice thing about alaska is summer time you fish and there are tons of them and no worms and all healthy....

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I am definitely not moving here by choice.<br />We got in to Nevada City last night. We came on into Yuba City and Marysville today. It is tooooooooooooo hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />I already want to leave.<br />We did have an uneventful trip after all. <br />Thanks for the tip Bassy. We will look at that and try to figure out what time they are supposed to be shooting them off.<br /><br />I am keeping my AK residency, not because of the PFD, but because I plan on retiring up there.<br /><br />Right now, I just want to relax. 4,300 miles in 5 days is a long trip.<br /><br />Thanks LD for the offer. I will have to take a week off and come up that way.<br /><br />AK Chappy

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Bassy,<br />Thanks for the tip!!!!<br />That was one of the best fireworks shows I have seen in quite a while.<br />Traffic wasn't even all that bad.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm glad it worked out for you,Chappy. Glad I could help. <br />Enjoy your time here in California. Yeah it gets hot up there, as well as here. Find a body of water and you'll find some relief. And you have lots of water to choose from up there. Its all over. <br />Bassy

Skinnywater

Commander

The best ever Striper run on the Sac is happening.<br />If it continues, two Salmon and two Striper a day.