Buying boat: Bravo 3 drive questions

blamtro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking at a 2000 Bowrider with Twin 350 Mags and B3s. But it has the older style B3s. Before the Bravo 2000 SN 0M100000) drive serial 0L7xxxxx.

Am I setting myself up for failure buying the boat with the older style drives?

Last edited:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Difficult to look up any details on those drives without the full serial numbers. If you provide them, then it will be easier to tell exactly what you have... I am aware of some corrosion problems in the earlier B3s, and I know they got sorted out, at around the 2000 year, so hence the need for full numbers.

Chris.....

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've got a 0M0* B3 that for the first 10 years was kept in a salt water slip and since then I keep it on a trailer but still only used in salt water.

Are you referring to the issue of the passage in the gimbal housing the raw water hose passes thru that can become badly restricted causing cooling issues?
The new design replacement part with that hard plastic piece should help with that.

Mark

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I've got a 0M0* B3 that for the first 10 years was kept in a salt water slip and since then I keep it on a trailer but still only used in salt water.

Are you referring to the issue of the passage in the gimbal housing the raw water hose passes thru that can become badly restricted causing cooling issues?
The new design replacement part with that hard plastic piece should help with that.

Mark

I believe that is called "Bravoitis".....

blamtro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What im refering to is the history breakdown below. Mostly concerned about parts availabilty down the road.

Will be a freshwater trailer boat so Im not so much concerned about corrosion. Previously, boat was lift kept so drives out the water.

http://www.mdmotors.ru/netcat_files...a_kolonka_BRAVO___Servisnaya_informatsiya.pdf

Here are the SNs.
Drives: 0L745506, 0L745507
Engines: 0L643912, 0L643910
Transom: 0L838995, 0L838998

Difficult to look up any details on those drives without the full serial numbers. If you provide them, then it will be easier to tell exactly what you have... I am aware of some corrosion problems in the earlier B3s, and I know they got sorted out, at around the 2000 year, so hence the need for full numbers.

Chris.....

alldodge

Staff member
There are no issues finding parts that I've found other then if the housing is damaged. You can install newer prop shaft seals in the older housing

tpenfield

Staff member
i have the 1996 Bravo 3's . . . they are fine. New parts are available. Retrofit kits are available to add a prop anode. Your will be fine as long as they are in good shape to start.

blamtro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for everyones help. Should be finalizing purchase soon.