Bush's lawyer resigns

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Bush's lawyer resigns

He may also have left the Bush campaign because of the impending law suits that the Kerry campaign is filing against the Swift Boat Vets for Truth (i guess freedom of speech wasn't one of the American values that Kerry was fighting for in the Nam? Maybe??). Maybe he wanted to be able to devote his full energy to defending the Swift Boats Vets, and couldn't represent them while working for the Bush campaign anyway.....

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by roscoe:<br />Congress created this mess with McCain Feingold reform bill.
GW is my man, but you can't leave him out when you talk about who created this mess. Bush signed the bill. I also might add that he is going in the wrong direction when he talks about shutting the 527's up. What he ought to do is to get Congress to rescind McCain/Feingold. It is an utter abridgement of freedom of speech.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

What Boomyal said. He deserves it, even tho he gats my vote.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bush gets my vote too. He has never spoken against Kerry's service, nor that of any other American Soldier. As a President should he cosiders those who have served our nation, in uniform, to be persons of honor; and he treats them with the utmost respect.<br /><br />Those who are questioning Kerry's service record, including one of his own shipmates, served with him, and are also men who served honorably. If they've got something they want to say they deserve to be allowed to say it. I've held my nose and my tongue (well I might not always have held my tongue, but I have the right to free speech also) while Michael Moore, ACT and other anti-Bush 527s ran him into the ground. In America we have freedom of speech.<br /><br />Like our President, I willingly salute Mr. Kerry for having gone and served. It's the things he's done since that time that cause me to question his character and his ability to lead.<br /><br />I've never been in the service, and have nothing but admiration for those who have, but the Swift Boat Veterans also served, and they shouldn't be muzzled.<br /><br />As to Ginsburg's resignation, he needed to do what he thought was right, most lawyers have more than one client, but if it was in some way a conflict of interest for him to serve in both capacities then quitting one of them was the correct and honorable thing to do.

oddjob

Commander

GW is my man, but you can't leave him out when you talk about who created this mess. Bush signed the bill. I also might add that he is going in the wrong direction when he talks about shutting the 527's up. What he ought to do is to get Congress to rescind McCain/Feingold. It is an utter abridgement of freedom of speech.<br />
Ditto Boomyal, I heard today that Bush is filing a law suit to muzzle the camplaine adds of other outside groups. I just dont get it.<br /><br />Anyhow, Thats another policy I will have to overturn after I became Pres in 2008. ;)

SoulWinner

Commander

quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> GW is my man, but you can't leave him out when you talk about who created this mess. Bush signed the bill. I also might add that he is going in the wrong direction when he talks about shutting the 527's up. What he ought to do is to get Congress to rescind McCain/Feingold. It is an utter abridgement of freedom of speech.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />The Bush admin was under emense pressure to sign the bill. The issue had been in the news for a long time, and the pressure brought about by the media made this a public opinion dissater if he did not sign it (It did pass the House and Senate remember) and the bill was not understood by the press, the public, McCain or Fiengold. Bush did the right thing in signing the bill. Rather than veto it and try to explain it to a press that could care less, he wisely let it run it's course to expose it's self as a failure.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I think they all understood the bill very well, <br />it was the American public that was for the most part, kept in the dark.

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> What are you guys gonna do if Bush looses the election???
Head back to Ghana!<br /><br />Actually, I will do that after Bush WINS the election - scheduled to head back the middle of December.