Bush say cant win, then we can win war

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Ya know, Bush had it right when he said we cant win the war on terrorisim.<br /><br />There is only one way to win, and that is to eliminate every one of them. The world wont let us do that, so there is no way to win.<br /><br />We can contain the terrorists, but that is about it.<br /><br />But now Bush flip flopped, bowed to pressure, and said we can win it. Now he looks just like Kerry. Bad idea in my opinion.<br /><br />Ken

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bush say cant win, then we can win war

Cmon guys, <br /><br />It's a team building exersize is'nt it?<br /><br /> :D :confused: <br /><br />Peter

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

We can win, We will win, But it will never be over.

Bondo

Staff member

"We can win, We will win, But it will never be over."<br /><br />A Thought we should Never Forget................

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

we can't win, the Commander-in-Chief even said so. The WOT will be like the WOD, unwinnable and expensive.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Bondo and roscoe:<br /> "We can win, We will win, But it will never be over."<br /><br />A Thought we should Never Forget................
Got that right guys<br /><br />Sadly it will take a couple more hits by them to get everyone pulling together as a country instead of this splitting lines policticly (sp)<br /><br />They already own Spain.. lets not let them control more small countries.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

To the Kerry supporters out there;<br /><br />You have waited since this campaign started for Bush to slip-up, and give Kerry a commercial sound byte, and he hasn't. You waited with baited breath every time GW spoke, recorders running, trying to get him to say "I'm sorry" or something. And if you whitnessed the enture interview ,you eould allready know this will be taken out of context, but that does not matter to you. You got your sound byte.<br />After all these months.<br /><br />All I can say is, you best enjoy it.Because it will backfire just like everything else the not-so-swifty has tried to use to unseat Bush.<br />I can't truthfully say that dissapoints me.

Ralph 123

Captain

brilliant analysis as always by 12Footer<br /><br />The only time a gaff like this sticks is when it reinforces what people already believe about that person - nobody in the world thinks GW is defeatist about the war on terror. People immediately were saying "I understood what he meant" Now if Kerry said that, people would know he was a defeatist

SCO

Lieutenant

The commentators were giddy about this, doing their best to make something of it. Pure silliness. The comment was immaterial. We know what's gotta be done and who will do it. Besides, we did all know what he meant.

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Huge headline in yesterday's paper on it on the front page. It was double the size of any headline I've seen in the paper since 9/11.<br /><br />Sad really...

LadyFish

Admiral

I agree with the President's statement since I firmly believe that fighting the war on terrorism is much like fighting the war on drugs. Success is difficult to measure, using the statment "I will win the war on terrorism" is political suicide.<br /><br />If people have any brains at all they will realize that this type of war cannot be won, only supressed.

Fly Rod

Commander

I don't think that he slipped up !!! He is not a good speaker!!! We can not win the war aganist terrorism!!!! <br /><br />To me there is no way that terrorism will be defeated!!!<br /><br />We can slow it down and we can prevent some of it!!! Terrorism will be around for a long time to come!!!!<br /><br />Imagine the impact and devastation on people in our country if they start using human bombs here in our country!!!<br /><br />Ruussia is exsperiencing it now!!!

oddjob

Commander

Terrorism is a war and there has always been a war and/or a deterent against it. Read some world history books. By the way, did he define what winning was?...sounds like much to do about nottin to me :rolleyes:

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Slip up or not, I wish he wouldn't have said it, the nuts over there (Iraq) hear that and think they have a chance to win, so that gives them reasons to fight harder.<br />I know if my coach said our team couldn't win and the other team heard it, it could only serve to help them and hurt us.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

He slipped up when he said 24 hours later that we can win the war. He had it right the first time, should have stopped there. Everyone knew what he meant. He then changed hid mind to appease the media while pissing off those that understood him. But I also realize that he had to say those things so the "sheeple" would be happy.<br /><br />This war is about hate. Hate cannot be stopped. Period. Those that hate us will forever hate us and will breed more people that hate us.<br /><br />Wars which are fought over power and greed (WWII) can be won because once the aggressors are embarresed by loss, they will usually surrender. i.e. no more power and greed, no more will to fight.<br /><br />Ken

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by knobby:<br /> I know if my coach said our team couldn't win and the other team heard it, it could only serve to help them and hurt us.
But it wasn't like that, it was more like the coach saying we can't win playing fair, so kick them in the nads and we'll win. <br /><br />The media spin that was put on this is what gives the terrorists hope.

tylerin

Commander

Well they just caught Bin Pharteen, and Sheit Midraurs ;)

Stratosfied

Ensign

Some very well thought out and precise statements so far. :) And by the way I got it the first time around! :D

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Of course it was picked up and exploited by the democrats. This is politics, what do you expect?<br /><br />And the republicans are at least as good at it as the democrats. Just look at the way they are spinning Kerry's portion of the statement where he talks about being 'more sensitive' in the war on terrorism. This was an obvious reference to optomizing partnerships with the rest of the world to best fight terrorism (remember the administrations tone towards the rest of the world BEFORE things got tough in Iraq after Sadam's downfall (Bushs 'irrelevent UN' statement and the inflamitory 'Old Europe vs. New Europe' dig?). <br /><br />The bottom line is that we're at a point where political skills (both personal and party) seem to matter more than qualifications when it comes to electibility. Personally, I find this very discouraging. And if you think that it's just the other party doing it you're deluding yourself.<br /><br />I'd like to see a new party comprosed of politicians for whom it's clear that personal integrity is more important that party politics. I can live with some wiews different than mine as long as the policy makers are intelligent, honest and objective. For me that's people like John McCain, Joe lieberman, and Colin Powell. <br /><br />Ah well, one person's view, flame away.