Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours

crunch

Commander
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush on Saturday challenged lawmakers skeptical of his new Iraq plan to propose their own strategy for stopping the violence in Baghdad.

"To oppose everything while proposing nothing is irresponsible," Bush said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/13/Bush.Dems.radio.ap/index.html

Yup, another "Bushisium"

I've been watching this crap from the Pantie wetting "War protesters" from both sides and just don't get it. Do these (and I use the term loosely) "people " live under a rock?

They go on and on about how we have to find a "political solution to the war"... what do they think we have been doing for the last few years?... Waving the "lib, feel good magic wand" at the problem? Do they really think caving in will bring the terrorists to their knees?

Look, the most radical Islamic countries are at war with "The Western World" in Iraq, make no mistake about it... Iran and Syria both have plans to use this country as a stage to launch "Jihad" against the West. They both have dreams of a "nuclear Islamic Caliphate" that will bring Islam to the entire world.... all under their thumbs, and the lack of yours.

What part of Jihad don't these numbnuts understand?

Dis-respectively, Crunch. :p

ZmOz

Captain
Re: Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours

One of the local radio shows that I listen to is always bashing him every chance they get, telling everybody how stupid and clueless he is...

So I called, and live on the air I said "well, if he's so stupid, what do you guys think we should do?" I got "well, umm, uh...." and then they hung up on me and and laughed like I was the stupid one.
rolleyes.gif

crunch

Commander

Funny how that works...

treedancer

Commander

Quote custombycrunch

Iran and Syria both have plans to use this country as a stage to launch "Jihad" against the West. They both have dreams of a "nuclear Islamic Caliphate" that will bring Islam to the entire world.... all under their thumbs, and the lack of yours.

Where did this information come from, first I’ve heard of that?

<<Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours>>

My understanding is that the troop level is about 120,000 now, if he increases it to 150,000, that will be what it was in 2004?What has changed besides the Brits cutting 3000 troops by May?

We need a lot more troops than we have on hand and available, the only way we can get them is with a draft. Should have had more to begin with, but that is ancient history.

Need to go into a stalling pattern until the draft kicks in, will take at least a year if we get right on it.

You ask for a plan, there’s one ,not very palatable is it? Think I should e-mail it to the President?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

ZmOz said:
One of the local radio shows that I listen to is always bashing him every chance they get, telling everybody how stupid and clueless he is...

So I called, and live on the air I said "well, if he's so stupid, what do you guys think we should do?" I got "well, umm, uh...." and then they hung up on me and and laughed like I was the stupid one.
rolleyes.gif

You must have talked to a radio show out of Eugene ZMo?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

My solution is immediate withdrawal, & get a draft going so we can bolster our ranks for the real fight....
Let them fight it out amonst themselves....
'W''s blunder has all ready left egg on the face of the US....
So, I say if they are gonna b!tch anyway, give them something to really b!tch about.....
If Iran & Syria get involved, we can redeploy our beefed up military.....
The real fight is all of them combined....
That oil will get pumped & sold eventually....
It's just a matter of time......JK

crunch

Commander

Quote custombycrunch

Iran and Syria both have plans to use this country as a stage to launch "Jihad" against the West. They both have dreams of a "nuclear Islamic Caliphate" that will bring Islam to the entire world.... all under their thumbs, and the lack of yours.

Where did this information come from, first I’ve heard of that?

Look at the last 2 pages of the thread "The deed is done", that will give you a basis of where that fact comes from.

The "President" of Iran believes that a "god" of Islam will destroy Israel and bring the faith to the rest of the world....

I'm not going to do your research for you... believe what you will... and I know you will... But if you do honest research, without prejudiced, the facts will stare you right in the face.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Tree that is the most politically self serving suggestion I have ever read to date. Try this. Give a shoot on sight order. Evacuate the sunni triangle. Investigate and catalog every person. Send in the military and clear Bagdad. Start bombing sites 2-3 miles outside targets of interest in Iran and Seria. This is called a message. If we find more munitions from either of them comming into Iraq, guess what is going to happen for real..

Warlords, excuse me, religious leaders, knock it off now, or we will leave you unprotected against your enemies. I would create large camps/jails until we can sort out the good from the bad guys. Yea, its a war, these things exist.

Any building found to be housing a terrorist, gets bulldozed. Any officer will be allowed to make that decision on the spot. Its a war, we can do that.

Russia and China, your tacid support of our enemies will result in the following: complete removal of all foreign aid, tarriffs on all products coming into the USA, followed by a moritorium of investment from American business, followed by an embargo of all items coming into the USA from either country. Oh yea, get your puppet and favority plaything, North Korea staightened out while you are at it.

Hey France, eat sheet. If they back door anything into the area, slap a 1000 percent tarriff on all their products including repair parts for their beloved Air Bus. Oh yea, no travel to this country until they get the stick out of their one brown eye. I would kick terrorists out of the back on a C130 right over Paris, 1/2 with parachutes, 1/2 without.

Japan, hey you want an army, knock yourself out. Build one up. How can we help?

Hey Germany, Spain, Italy, Norway, ......., remember when we stepped up and saved your deadwood hides from having to eat saur kraut indenfinately? Time to step up and do the right thing. I would include France, but watching them surrender to toddlers and small children would prove useless.

Hey UN, we have paid our dues for decades and it is about time you get your corrupt useless arses involved and supporting the ideals that make up your charter.

Or we could claim to have no ability to win and run away like cowards and call it redeployment.

treedancer

Commander

In other words go into complete isolationist mode, after we level Baghdad.:%

crunch

Commander

In other words go into complete isolationist mode, after we level Baghdad

Come on.... be a bit realistic here.

Bagdad, for all intents and purposes is leveled already, what has to be done is to stop the ethnic cleansing and start the healing democracy can build... and that is where a troop build-up can be effective.... can you say stability?

That is just what has to happen or this region will go the way of the radicals... and you can then deal with a 9/11 once a week, with the odd nuke in our cities every other week...... until death do us part!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Nothing isolationist about it. It will clean up any indecision about who are friends are and who spank themselves in the dark over our challenges.

Hows that for a visual? +o(

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Pointer,you plan sounds impressive.Now all we need is about 2 million soldiers to execute it....
Let's just hope that the patient does not die during or after the operation.
My solution you ask?
I would go for their weak under belly.Most of these people are for sale and they could not care less for whoever lives in the next valley or neighborhood.This gives a great opportunity to infiltrate their ranks with their own people. This will seriously heat up their civil war and thin out their ranks.Let them kill each other for a few years and make sure they don't stop until they are worn out.Then and only then it is time to come back in and be the pacifiers and liberators.In the meantime keep a skeleton force there and stay out of their way.This will give us a chance to rebuild our own forces for the defense of the USA and not for adventures.

PW2

Commander

What a red herring.

There are lots of opposing plans out there.

The Iraq Study Group just published one, Murtha has a plan he has been espousing for over a year...

He just doesn't like any of them, and the plan that miraculously results in a Jeffersonian democracy and everybody dropping their own goals for some concept of the common good must require divine intervention and the opposing points of view have no closer relationship to the almighty than Bush has, unfortunately.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

If you think the President hasn't been presented with other options, YOU'RE the one living under a rock. They just didn't present any that he wanted to hear. In one ear, out the other. See no evil, hear no evil, send more troops. :=

SOP for GWB has always been to spread the blame over the widest area possible, then let others clean up the mess HE made. :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

step #1. Remove US troops.

step #2. FLASH!...KABOOM!..................>mushroom cloud<..................

step #3. Repeat step #2 as necessary....

step #4. Turn Middle east into a landfill....

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Democrats have owned congress for a week now. Funny no plan. Wasn't this their main campaign issue? The Murtha Plan, let me see if I have the specifics, Run Away. And if something happens 6000 miles away, and we feel like doing something, and lil' Nancy has a stock impact, maybe, maybe, we can have a national dialoge about maybe doing something. Like send a strong letter. Murtha Plan. You have to be kiddding.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Uh, Pointer. You're blind as a bat. No plan? You just quoted one. Duuuuuh! := I can't help it if you don't like it. Just don't make the idiotic BS comment that nobody has other ideas. You disproved your own statement and twisted fact all at the same time.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

That is not a plan. It is genetic reaction. Fight or Flight. This is no plan for victory. It is a recipe for cowardise and political gain.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

OK, once again it has to worded different for some folkes to get it. How about a plan for success, win in Iraq?

Murtha's plan doesn't apply and nothing I have heard from other politcians do either.

And in rolomps idea, I thought we should leave now because we have no business fighting in another countries cival war. According to your plan, that is just we would be doing, just at a later date.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The problem is that there is no cut and dried solution. Dubya got us into a lose/lose situation. Prolonging it isn't solving anything, just making it worse at a geometric rate. Back before this whole mess went forward, Powell told Bush "You break it, you bought it." Unfortunately everybody is paying the price.

Nobody is going to have a solution that everybody likes. There isn't a solution. Only mitigation of damages. It's like an impending car crash. You can hit the brakes, hit the gas, or do nothing. The car is going to crash one way or another. Question is if the occupants get injured or die. Personally I prefer injury to death.