Breaking News(abuse)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Army Pfc. England pleads guilty to Abu Ghraib prison abuse -<br />Army reservist Lynndie England, who was pictured holding a naked Iraqi on a leash in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal, pleaded guilty to seven charges of abuse Monday.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: Breaking News(abuse)

I don't know what to think about that whole mess. It is disappointing to see our soldiers act like that.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea RF, it is sad to think some, and I say some, of our people would act like this. What was they thinking, no one would find out?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I can't blame them fully. If there are bombs blowing up and Americans killed due to the terror attacks right outside the prison ... I believe that is a mitigating circumstance that fueled the abuse.<br /><br />Pent up frustration can make people act out of impulse.<br /><br />Bob<br />Retired Army 20 years active duty

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Yep, she gets time for humiliating the prisoners that probably killed our own. They need to draw lines on what is abuse. Oh, sorry, I forgot that the libs think that getting your feelings hurt or humiliation is abuse. What a crock! I think it was a lot of time and money wasted over this, not counting how it has destroyed the lives of the solders.

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

If those act of humiliation saved the life of just one soldier I say its well worth the effort.

gaugeguy

Captain

What I don't get is that there are no officers being brought up on charges. A dang PFC doesn't take a crap without permission :confused:

Twidget

Commander

GG, I have been wondering about that myself. It seems all the officers have been cleared, it was all low ranking enlisted...uh yeah.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> What I don't get is that there are no officers being brought up on charges. A dang PFC doesn't take a crap without permission :confused:
I could'nt have said it better.

SoulWinner

Commander

I don't they did anything wrong. I would MUCH rather be a prisoner in Abu Gaib than Angola Penitentiary, Stark, Rayford, et al. War time prisoner abuse is Bataan or any other of another long list of real prisoner abuse. Abu Graib was nothing. What FDR did to 30000 Japanese Americans is worse than Abu Graib. For those who think of what happened at Abu Graib as "abuse" need to get a grip and put it in perspective.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Abuse....BS....Why are they called Prisioners or Detainees. It wasn't for their sterling reputation! Hand slap and a wink ought to be the punishment.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

My buddy is back there right now for his second tour, those humiliated *******s are going to try to kill him again. His first tour his Hummer got blown up, and his good friend killed. I say torture them not humiliate them, thats to easy.

SpinnerBait_Nut

I am all for getting the bad guys before they get us, but if our people are done the same way, then we would all be up in arms over it.<br /><br />I ain't saying we should not have done it, just should not have been a camera around if what we were doing was trying to get information from them.<br /><br />And yes GG, it is strange all the officers are no where to be found when all this went down.

D

DJ

Technology has brought on a whole new picture.<br /><br />We have no idea what happened, in the past, nor are we interested.<br /><br />War is war, pick a side and go from there.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Technology has brought on a whole new picture.<br /><br />We have no idea what happened, in the past, nor are we interested.<br /><br />War is war, pick a side and go from there.
Heck, I pick our side, go for it then. Make them talk so we can save our people's lives by all means.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

The only thing that PFC did wrong was getting caught on camara.<br />We've all seen the videos of what those b&$$!&rds do to our people.<br />If there is information to be had from these prisioners that can save lives I say get it any which way.<br />No officers involved, does the phrase "scape goat" spring to mind.

D

DJ

Score:<br /><br />Our side: SBN<br /> DJ<br /><br />Their side: ?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Heck a lot of people on here know I don't have anything for these people anyway, so send me over there. I might not last long, but I would take some with me for sure. Won't be no cameras around either. ;)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Make all solders were a mask that looks like George Bush. Then they could do anything in front of any camera anywhere. The true identy of the solder would remain unknown. I can hear the terroists now "They all look alike to me"<br /><br />I was wondering why the upper chain hasn't been pulled either. Plus there should have been charges brought up on the photographer for taking pictures in an unauthorized area. AND if it wasn't, it should have been.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Is there more to it or is it just being naked on a leash? I went through Marine Corps boot camp during the 60's and my drill instructor would make that pfc look like Mother Theresa.