Brand New Xpress17 ft HD Duck Boat

Duck Heaven

Cadet
Well ...<br />I just picked up my brand new 17ft Xpress duck boat and now the fun begins to outfit the rig ... for gunning waterfowl on the Great Lakes in Michigan.<br /><br />Brand New 25hp. Mercury 2-stroke... Tiller, Short Shaft, Electric Start, Alternator<br /><br />I'am in the process of setting up a small pedistal console whereby I will mount all of the following accessories and switches.<br /><br /><br />(2) Batteries: <br />(1) Deep Charge - Accessories, Bow & Stern Lights, VHF Radio, Front Spot Lighting, Compass, Bilge Pump, <br />(1) Regular Charge - Starting Outboard<br /><br />Pro Mariner 100 Onboard Charger -<br /><br /><br />QUESTION: Does anybody have a wiring diagram / schematic .... that will illustrate proper wiring to switches, Fusing, Fuse block, batteries ... etc.<br /><br />If it is easier to E-mail me with the diagrams/ schematics use: timhagger5000@yahoo.com<br /><br /> Thank You,<br /> "Doc"<br /><br />.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Brand New Xpress17 ft HD Duck Boat

I would rcommend using an isolator. They control battery charging and will keep the alternator from over charging or under charging batteries.<br /><br />Hook your onboard charger wire to the #1 and #2 terminals on the battery switch.<br /><br />Hook up fuse block +lead wire to the common terminal on the switch. Be sure to fuse the 12 volt +lead to the fuse block.<br /><br />Do not connect the batteries negative terminals directly together. Use a remote, common buss bar and connect each battery negative lead to the bar. Then use this bar for all of your ground leads including accessories and engine.<br /><br />
Battery4.jpg