Brain teaser, too weird!

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Brain teaser, too weird!

Originally posted by JB:<br /> No genius to it. Just know what the trick is:<br /><br />Do not read it. Start at the end and trace back toward the beginning. That eliminates the reading of "V" for "F" in "of" and other words. Old copy editor's trick to check spelling.<br /><br />Seen many versions of this in my time, one actually had 31 "Fs" in it!
Party pooper...I thought surely he had come up with some MAGIK TRIK!!!!<br /><br />I used my mouse, went over each word, and only counted 4!!! Now howz that for not processing OF?????

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on the first go is a genius. Three is normal, four is quite rare.
So, if I counted 6 on the first try I'm a genius, huh? Then why am I sitting here on shift in the middle of the night instead of home sleeping like most intelligent people? :rolleyes:

Triton II

Commander

On shift and on iboats... that's genius mate!

LadyFish

Admiral

I got 4 also. That's right, my brain didn't process the "OF's" like you said. <br /><br />So, this must mean I'm normal right?
27.gif

LadyFish

Admiral

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

spratt

Lieutenant

Can you pronounce all that? I actually read all that and understood it as fast as if it were all spelled correctly. I wonder if there is a direct correlation betweeen what the brain thinks and what the fingers type? If so, it would explain how my fingers cannot spell what my mind thinks the fingers are typing...interetsing....

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I got 6 on the first try. No surprise since I've known I was a genius for quite some time now. LF is always saying things like "any more bright ideas genius?" or "didn't you see those channel markers genius?" :D