Boy is this going to be ugly.

f_inscreenname

Commander
Already stuffed ballot boxes in Philadelphia and 30 GOP watch dogs cars with slashed tires. Formal complaint will follow. <br />When are we going to find out who the winner is? I say it wont be official till at least two weeks from tomorrow. How about you?

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boy is this going to be ugly.

Since I heard about the voting machines getting to the stations in Phili already having 300 or 500 Bush votes....I think it will be a long time before we find out who will be the pres.....and will probably never know who actually should have won. I'm sure it will only be a matter of hours before we hear of some stuffed boxes in favor of Kerry...maybe they will cancel each other out in the end? :D <br /><br /> :( Sad...this whole process has been a disgrace. :(

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

That is just sad. Why do people have to resort to cheating.<br /><br />I say both BUSH and KERRY should have ordered their party members to stop these actions.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

Speaking of the whole process, what happens exactly if the election is too close to call?<br /><br />Does Congress pick the President and Senate pick the Vice President? If so, we could have President Bush and Vice President Edwards.<br /><br />Does anyone know the answer to this?

NOSLEEP

Commander

Actually it is possible to have John Edwards<br />declared President under the right circumstances.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

we should all just not listen to the talking heads<br />in the media for awhile... only gonna hear horror<br />stories (fill) until results start really coming<br />in tonight.<br />hundreds of millions of voters with no issues, but<br />ain't never gonna hear about that!<br />just don't sell :p

eeboater

Commander

I heard on Rush that if it comes down to it, the House of Reps vote on the pres. <br /><br />So if it is REAL close... Bush wins.<br /><br />Sean

Drowned Rat

Captain

Please excuse the stupid question, but what is a stuffed ballot box? I can guess what it is, but how does it happen? Haven't heard about this around here.

Drowned Rat

Captain

You've got it right LF. If the electoral college is a tie then we could end up with a Bush, Edwards white house.<br /><br />Nosleep. I also heard on NPR yesterday that Edwards could be declared pres. temporarily under the right circumstances, but I can't remember how.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

don't y'all get it?<br />the talking heads are telling us it's too close<br />to call so we'll continue to tune in???<br /><br />they are out of a job tomorrow, so gotta earn<br />that paycheck...

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by johnson-liner:<br /> Since I heard about the voting machines getting to the stations in Phili already having 300 or 500 Bush votes....disgrace. :(
There is no way of knowing right now who the votes were for... seeing how it was G.O.P. poll watchers that reported the desrepencies, one would wonder that they were really "Bush" votes.

NYMINUTE

Captain

The courts will decide, We all trust them! DON"T WE?????

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Heard yesterday that both sides already have their lawsuits drawn up and ready to file over election stuff. Also heard there was a long line of lawyers bidding for the job of handling the lawsuits. <br />Possibly rumor, possibly true, who knows.<br />Maybe they will change the way the voting is done all over. Like in the primaries, the choice was made and it was all over before we in nebraska had a chance to put in our votes. Tonight will probably be the only time my vote might count.<br />Yesterday showed Bush at 47%, Kerry at 46%. Historically when there is less than 1, or the incumbant is under 50%, then the new guy wins.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by johnson-liner:<br /> Since I heard about the voting machines getting to the stations in Phili already having 300 or 500 Bush votes....I think it will be a long time before we find out who will be the pres.....and will probably never know who actually should have won. I'm sure it will only be a matter of hours before we hear of some stuffed boxes in favor of Kerry...maybe they will cancel each other out in the end? :D <br /><br /> :( Sad...this whole process has been a disgrace. :(
And when it is all over and done with, the only thing that really matters anyway are the electorate college votes...THAT is what is sad!!!

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> don't y'all get it?<br />the talking heads are telling us it's too close<br />to call so we'll continue to tune in???<br /><br />they are out of a job tomorrow, so gotta earn<br />that paycheck...
Your right on this one. Haven't even turned on the TV yet.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Drowned Rat:<br /> Please excuse the stupid question, but what is a stuffed ballot box? I can guess what it is, but how does it happen? Haven't heard about this around here.
It's the act of posting fake votes. There are many different meathods. Some involve dead people voting, someone actually stuffing paper ballots in the ballot box (where the term originated), and in this age of electronic marvels, voting stations with votes allready in them before the poles open.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

The first lawsuits were filed by Republican supporters. Do you think they would sue if the votes were in thier favor. Huh do ya think? <br />I'll bet my life those were dem votes.<br />If it is close the House of Reps determines the Presidency. No court involved. At least that is what the law says.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The "stuffed" ballots in Phili were discovered when the polls opened this am.<br />The workers and watchdogs went in, inspected the machines, and found that they already had votes in them, BEFORE anyone voted.

Rickfifty

Seaman

I heard that the machines have an "odometer" type device, like an hour meter. Could those "votes" have been tests, or from a previous election? Maybe it wasn't cleared or can't be cleared?