Boy is this going to be ugly.

Rickfifty

Seaman
Re: Boy is this going to be ugly.

I heard that the machines have an "odometer" type device, like an hour meter. Could those "votes" have been tests, or from a previous election? Maybe it wasn't cleared or can't be cleared?

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: Boy is this going to be ugly.

From what I herd. The counters on the machines counted every vote ever placed on that machine (tests, past elections, etc ). As you said “like a hour meter on a boat“. You may have changed the motor (or election in this case) but the hour meter just keeps going up. Shouldn't be a problem but I am sure it will be if you know what I mean. <br /> On a personal note; Man I hate Maryland when it come to politics. There is 186,000 Dems, 78,000 independents and 86,000 republicans. As you can see if you add the Rep’s and independents there is still more Dem’s. Out of all the years I have voted locally it only counted once 2 years ago when I voted for our Republican Governor. IMHO the only reason he won was he was running against a very corrupt administration and a carpet bagger (Cathleen Kennedy- Townson ) from where all Kennedy’s are from Massachusetts. It took 12 years for people to finally wise up and vote those suckers out. The next election I don't know. Even with a 60% approval rating now I think the Democratic party could put up a monkey with a limp and mange as a candidate and give Governor Bob Ehrlich a run for his money. Really sad!