Bow cleat/ 2003 Larson 206SEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gittitgoin

Recruit
The bow cleat is coming loose on my 2003 Lason Bowrider. I cannot figure out how to get access to the internal underside of the bow to tighten bolt or replace cleat alltogether. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks so much

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bow cleat/ 2003 Larson 206SEI

Pics help us to help you. I assume there's prolly a seat back in the way, so you will need to remove it to gain access.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

The bow cleat is coming loose on my 2003 Lason Bowrider. I cannot figure out how to get access to the internal underside of the bow to tighten bolt or replace cleat alltogether. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks so much

Welcome to Iboats Gittit ..

You should be able to Lift the front bolster Straight UP. There should be an access behind that bolster.

Sometimes the bolster cushions are installed front to back .. you might have to remove one of the side bolsters to gain access. It Might be through bolted.

They did some crazy construction in those days .. It might be simple .. it might not be simple ..

Got pics ?

YD.

Gittitgoin

Recruit

I think the pic is attached. first time uploading on site. There is no front bolster and the access from under front seat is cut off by the bow angle itself.

Attachments

• Bow.JPG
    Bow.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 4

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

It appears to me, to gain access to the cleat, you will need to remove this cushion and or possibly one of the small side back rest cushions. There has to be a way to access this area.

yourseat.jpg

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

It appears to me, to gain access to the cleat, you will need to remove this cushion and or possibly one of the small side back rest cushions. There has to be a way to access this area.

yourseat.jpg

On my similar Larson bowrider, you can get to the bow cleat as WOG directs. It also helps if you have 6' long, double-jointed arms...

Jim

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

LMAO^^^^ How about Hiring a Vertically Challenged individual!!!!!

Gittitgoin

Recruit

Haha. Thanks for advice so far. I'll try hanging from a bar for a couple of days before trying to reach in again. Or maybe try the classifieds for a mini mechanic.....

I have tried under the front seat and the angle of the bow narrows the access to the front to about a finger so will try the sides.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Sometimes they put a plate that is threaded and glassed in. Have you tried just tightening the bolts yet ?

Other than that .. yea its kinda crazy how some boats just have no access to some of the hardware.

YD.

Gittitgoin

Recruit

looked at all options so far; Can fit only up to my wrist through the front seat, The side bolsters don't come off and there does not seem to be access behind them, and there is no bolt on the up side of cleat(just the thread underneath).GetAttachment.jpgcleat 2.JPG

Last option I can see is having to cut into the bow above front seat.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

looked at all options so far; Can fit only up to my wrist through the front seat, The side bolsters don't come off and there does not seem to be access behind them, and there is no bolt on the up side of cleat(just the thread underneath).View attachment 201073View attachment 201074

Last option I can see is having to cut into the bow above front seat.

Oh .. one of those threaded cleat thingies ..

What about a ratchet with extentions and a swivel head. .. might be your only option without cutting a hole somewhere ..

YD.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Might try to put a cellphone, camera or video camera under the bow to try & 'see' what's up under the cleat. It doesn't look like the cleats been pulled hard, so that the nuts have started to pull thru the mount surface/backer. Just that the nuts have worked loose, so they 'should' be visible, but likely not easy to reach.

Probably put on while the cap wasn't connected to the hull, and easy/quick for a line worker to access while it was in production, as YD suggests.

If you can get a good look via a pix of what the backer looks like, it's size & condition, you might be able to remove the current cleat & get cleats w/ a base that'd cover the holes after you fill them & use an alternative mount method. A retractable cleat might work as a replacement or use the Garelick toggler anchors:
21026_togglers_0.jpg

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Are you sure one of the side bolsters wont come off ? sometimes you have to remove the back one to remove the front one. .. to get to the cleat.

I cant imagine they would leave you boned like that even to get to the side handles.

There has to be a way :) .. there Must be a way damit !! You/we just have to figure it out :)

YD.

JamesShown

Recruit
Gittitgoin .. did you ever find out how to access the cleat
? I have the same issue.

Mod edit. This is a 10 year old thread and the OP hasn't been here in over 10 years. Please read the rules you agreed to regarding posting in old threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.