Bought another toy, (Pics) UPDATED AGAIN!

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Bought another toy, (Pics) UPDATED AGAIN!

Lube Dude, The interior is off the hook. I never would have thought of using Grand Am carpet. Very impressive.

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, I had the thought about using the Grand AM carpet, but it was too preformed and wouldnt work. The carpet was purchased specifically for the car!<br /><br />As to pulling the engine, This has become a time thing, and if I would have pulled it I wouldnt have stopped, I would have had to get into the engine. (I just dont know when to stop sometimes). I beleive I am going to sell this car when done as my son has decided he cant buy it back and isnt interested. The engine runs strong, and is spotless inside so its going back together as is. Ive found it to be a 72 4 bolt main 3/4 truck engine.<br /><br />I have the frame blacked out (front half) and the exhaust manifolds blasted and cast coated. (Probably a waist as the next owner will likely put headers on it). But its going to look clean when its back together. I blasted and painted all the brackets and pulleys and detailed the alternator. Bet ya all cant wait to see it all back together. I cant either, as that will mean that Im done spending my weekends and evenings messing with this car.

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can hear your boat from here....My turn Play with me! hehe

LubeDude

Admiral

Funny you should say that, I have another intake and carbs from a 175, (Mines a 150 Merc), that I have bead blasted and have the carbs ready for kits, (they appear to be Identical though), Im going to slightly open up the jets, put some pretty fuel lines on them, and change them over this spring. I also intend to paint the engine too. Ya, its coming.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Looks great LD!! :)

KaGee

Admiral

I'm sooooooo jealous!<br /><br />
23_5_114.gif

LubeDude

Admiral

Not done yet, but its looking sooo good, I couldnt help showing off a little!!<br /><br />
33%3B9655523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3C8%3A%3D%3C57%3DXROQDF%3E232364466%3C66%3Aot1lsi
<br /><br />
3427%3B87523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3C8%3A%3D%3C57%3DXROQDF%3E2323742787473ot1lsi
<br /><br />
3427%3B87523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3C8%3A%3D%3C57%3DXROQDF%3E2323742793%3B%3B%3Aot1lsi

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

That look so sweet LD!!<br /><br />You do good work!<br />If I ever end up close to where you are at, I may try to learn some stuff from you.<br /><br />AK Chappy

LubeDude

Admiral

The one thing I learned from a fellow restorer, is that its the different colors, and glosses that really set things off. Gloss grey, semi gloss, and flat, different shades of grey also. same with black, gloss, semi gloss and flat. Silvers the same, you have very bright, and dull. You really cant see all the detail in those pictures, Its hard to beleive, but it actually looks better than the pictures do it justice.

Triton II

Commander

Nice work LubeDude... looks like you know a bit about restoration as well as lubes. :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Dang LD, that is freaking awesome!!!!!!

Xcusme

Commander

AHHHH Memories!!! When you open the hood and can see the ground around the motor, those were the days. Things were easy to work on, NOT all jammed in really tight, like todays cars/trucks. My 67'Camaro is a delight to work on for this very reason alone. The big plus in my book is , No Map sensor, No oxygen sensors, No ECM, NO BCM, NO PCM, NO 'modern day' Bull $hip.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Xcusme:<br /> AHHHH Memories!!! When you open the hood and can see the ground around the motor, those were the days. Things were easy to work on, NOT all jammed in really tight, like todays cars/trucks. My 67'Camaro is a delight to work on for this very reason alone. The big plus in my book is , No Map sensor, No oxygen sensors, No ECM, NO BCM, NO PCM, NO 'modern day' Bull $hip.
Just got to keep one of those old timers around to remember how good we had it. ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

[/quote]Just got to keep one of those old timers around to remember how good we had it. ;) [/QB][/quote]<br /><br />Ya, untill ya jump in a drive it very far, then ya remember why you like your new car so much.<br /><br />The heater actually heats, the air actually cools you off, and when you step on the brakes you actually stop in a straight line, among other things like ride quality, road noise etc.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Just got to keep one of those old timers around to remember how good we had it. ;) [/quote]<br /><br />Ya, untill ya jump in a drive it very far, then ya remember why you like your new car so much.<br /><br />The heater actually heats, the air actually cools you off, and when you step on the brakes you actually stop in a straight line, among other things like ride quality, road noise etc. [/QB][/quote]<br /><br />Ah!, don't be so picky, LubeDude! :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> I learned something new L-Dude. <br /><br />*note to self: no tach unless SS model.*<br /><br />take your time and finance accordingly and things will turn out...<br /><br />I had a '65 Galaxy 500XL that I got rid of for safety sake ...I wasn't mature enough to own it and seeing these photos takes me back to some good memories..<br /><br />wish ya luck with it L-dude .. and I'm sure the son will be happy to see it in the condition he wanted it in AND in the family. ;) <br /><br />good luck again to ya and make 'er happen.
Barlow, I can feel yer pain!!! I had a sweet 64 Galaxie 500 Convertible, 390-auto, just a sweet car...traded it off when I got married because the sweet lil thang I got hitched to didn't like the convertible...shoulda known then trouble was brewin ;) :D Can ya believe it...I hadda trade for a little Plymouth Duster, but it WAS pretty!!! '73, blue, white vinyl top, white interior, 318-auto, 2-door...wish I had IT even now!!!

magster65

Commander

Hey Lube,<br />The Camino looks great! Good job.

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, the "kid" saw the car today. His eyes about popped out of his head when he saw everything. He had said previously that he didnt want to see it again, but his curiosity got the best of him. Even though, he said, "Sell it if ya want to". He would rather have a true SS model anyway. So, on the auction block it goes when its done! There was one that just went through Ebay that was maybe as good as this one that went for $8100.00, man was I surprised.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Gas, grass or @ss LD .. nobody rides for free!!

magster65

Commander

Yeah Lube,<br />The days of older cars being a 'non-refundable money pit' are gone. There's a lot of people making a good living selling them now... a new hobby / business in the works?