Bought another one from Rawhide Youth Services

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
And its got wheels this time.
2 Starcraft, and now a Troy-Bilt, they keep luring me in.

a8 - 1.jpg

Now to teach the wife to use it.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Does not look nearly as sturdy as my Troy Built 8 HP.----I have one of the real ones , cast iron Kohler engine.------Cast iron everything and solid. ----Built before a new owner ?? started using the name.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Yep, just a baby tiller, only 16" wide. Still pretty sturdy though.
Good for the flower garden, the only gardening we still do.
And yes, troy went bankrupt and is owned by MTD now.
Popped right off with one pull at 27* this morning.

Last edited:

MRS

Commander
Nice I might have to get a new one also. Had one of the oldies I had one of the real ones , cast iron Kohler engine. Couple years ago blew a quarter size hole right thru the case been trying to use a cheaper off brand but not the same. Want to do a garden this year in a different area so might have the reinvest in a new one.

matt167

Captain
Troy Bilt/ MTD still makes the PTO model horse, which I think is actually a Horse III, and an upgraded version, but they basically start at $2,500. and they did shrink some parts in the gear case/ axles

I recently repowered my grandfathers old 2spd that the old Techumseh 6hp was dead which I inherited. Carb missing parts, no spark, has an SSI module and they are NLA. I bolted on a Briggs XR 9.50 commercial and actually bought the bumper guard for the newer Horse that Troy Bilt sells now as they clear the OHV engines.. After sitting 10 years and changing the gear oil after sourcing the correct GL4 140W it's ready for service in the spring. I may put a new set of tines on it but I think they are ok