Bought a used Sportcraft 272

protozo1

Cadet
Well, we have been looking at a ton of boats for the ocean to shark fish out of. We saw this 272 Sportcraft for sale in the water. It initially wasn't quite what I was loooking for (it's single screw inboard) but this thing was in such increadible shape and the price was excellent. It was a 2001 with 90 hours on it and had only been in fresh water! It's 28'10" with the pulpit and swim platform with 9'3" beam and it came with a triple axle gal. trailer with surge brakes on all 6 wheels with only 40 miles on it! We snagged this baby for 30,000 and have been very happy. Now I'm working on the electronics and learning how to back down a single screw and you know what I've found out YOU CAN'T back down a single screw!

bigben2404

Recruit
Re: Bought a used Sportcraft 272

no its not the best boat to back down but if u have trim tabs make sure u trim up when u start trolling i notice that when trim tabs are down from the run out its verry hard to back down im not able to turn and it sucks down to low in water when i trim them up its not as bad then. but that works on my 1986 27 sportcarft 454 340 hp its like a tank in the water verry heavy.hope this helps