Bought a Sylvan Offshore 22'

skyking897

Petty Officer 1st Class
After coming so close to buying that '88 Offshore I found an '86 in even better condition and no issues with the keel. Had the floor and transom replaced a year ago along with a rebuilt engine. So many new things, seats, batteries, carpet, cushions in cuddy, mooring cover, storage cover, and the list goes on and on. It's all set up for fishing. Previous owner redid almost everything thinking he would keep this boat but not to be. Anyway, like I've said the boat is all done up but he hadn't done anything to the trailer yet. Spent considerable time fixing the lights so we could tow it home and about 90 minutes into the return trip at 60mph the left tire blows. The trailer actually stayed pretty straight but pieces of tire flew everywhere. By the time I stopped the rim was ruined also. Glad I had 2 spares. Changing a tire on the side of the 401 is SCARY!!! Transports flying by only about 3-4 feet away. I was afraid the shock wave from them was going to push the boat and trailer off the jack. That last 30 miles seemed to take forever but my shiny new to me boat is sitting in my driveway. When I figure out how to post pics I'll post them here.

skyking897

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bought a Sylvan Offshore 22'

Here's some pics of my new toy.
album
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j371/skyking897/Sylvan004.jpg

Last edited:

skyking897

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, that didn't work did it.

skyking897

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll try this again. So
Sylvan001.jpg
me pics of our new boat.
Sylvan004.jpg
Sylvan002.jpg

Broadcast

Petty Officer 1st Class

Beauty! Congrats on the new ride!!! Looks clean.

skyking897

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the compliment. Just wish it was April so I could put it in the water and use it now.

tin

Seaman

Nice boat I have a 21' footer I'm doing a restore on.....good luck with her ....Oh by the way check the gas tanks carefully if they are the Resin type the hold down brackets leak on the tank run your hand on them and smell for gas if you have access.........DSC01092.JPG

skyking897

Petty Officer 1st Class

tin, thanks for the heads up on the tanks. But I'm pretty sure they are aluminium. Will check that when I pull it out of winter storage.