Boss told me to clear out my van

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
It happened today and I'll tell you like he told me. I was at one of the McDonalds replacing a contactor when he calls. Told me as soon as I was done with that job to come back to the shop and clear out the van. Also bring someone with you for a ride.<br /><br />Ah crap, what did I do, that is what I was thinking all the way back to the shop. Hearts pounding, sweat is rolling, and nerves making me shake.<br /><br />I get back to the shop, no body parked outside, hummmm what is up with this. I hit my remote control to the garage door and there sits a brand new Chevy 2500 Cargo Van! WOW!!!! I got a new van! Air Condition, cruise, tilt, AM/FM, and tow package. Then I look over in the next bay and there is my boss with his new Chevy truck that is fully loaded. The owners of the stores was there just grinning like opposum eating S@%*! <br /><br />Yes I will be glad to clean out my van, it'll be the first time in 8 years. OMG all the crap that has been collected in there. :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Boss told me to clear out my van

wooo.. There for a minute, ya had me worried too, SS...<br /><br />Congrads on the new wheels!...
driving.gif
<br /><br />wish my boss would buy me a new truck... Cheap %*#@'r...

aspeck

Staff member

That ain't right! You had me preparing my condolense post and then, BAM!!! You don't get fired, you get a new ride. Shame on you, SS! You got me bad.<br /><br />Oh, congrats on the new van. Enjoy, I am sure you deserve it.

bubbakat

Captain

Good deal SS that is always good to hear.<br />I also got a new patrol car this year.<br /><br /><br />Now snapper wait a darn min-net aren't you ,the boss and in buss. for your self? :confused: :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

I remember about ten years ago one of our guys got that call. New car was in (sales guy, so no truck). Swapped his stuff over, but didn't clean the trunk out very well. The owner saw some hay in there leftover from when the guy had picked up some for his daughter's horse. Next day he was the first one with a car allowance. I got his car . . . :D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Congrats SS, you ole dog, ya had me going there for a minute :D

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

SS, At least the beads of sweat didn't blur your vision and have you seeing 'mirages'.<br /><br />Must be a cool boss also, enjoy your new ride.<br /><br />Peter

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I'm not a big Chevy fan, but it has AC and its new. Maybe I'll get 20,000 before it has to go into the shop. :p <br /><br />Yeah, they had me going also. Of course they did it on purpose. <br /><br />The Chevy dealer was only going to give 300 for my old van. KBB is 1745, so we're going to sell it outright. Even with 181K, it still runs great for a 300/6 cylinder.

sangerwaker

Commander

Very nice SS! A new vehicle (especially when you don't have to pay for it) is awesome!<br /><br />Ya did have me worried for a bit there, though.

Triton II

Commander

Nice jape SS. However, just because your boss got you, you didn't have to get all of us! Shame on you. :cool:

Twidget

Commander

Congratulations SS. :) <br /><br />Im on vacation this week. I had planned to put my 8 year old service van in for maintenance, but the boss said to let the guy he is flying in from SC use it instead. The guy called griping at me for noisy brakes, noise in the rear end and some other stuff. I told him to take it to the boss, it should be in the shop.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br /> I'm not a big Chevy fan, but it has AC and its new. Maybe I'll get 20,000 before it has to go into the shop. :p <br /><br />Yeah, they had me going also. Of course they did it on purpose. <br /><br />The Chevy dealer was only going to give 300 for my old van. KBB is 1745, so we're going to sell it outright. Even with 181K, it still runs great for a 300/6 cylinder.
Give me a holler and tell me what it takes to buy it SS, I can always use another cargo van.

Link

Rear Admiral

Well like everyone else I reading your post thinking how awefull it is that just a single phone call can turn a persons life upside down..<br />Then to find out you got a NEW Truck (even if it is a Chebby) out of the deal!<br /><br />I think you owe everyone here a beer for doing that! :) <br />Congrats

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Heck ya thats great. I was really thinking that you lost your job.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

When the wife got home, I told her the same thing,<br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />OUT CAME THE ROLLING PIN! :eek: :D <br /><br />They really had me going, I thought for sure I screwed up, but I keep in mind that when they need to get rid of someone, THEIR GONE!

FSHKPR

Ensign

i agree ya owe us all a beer. congrats ss you must deserve it.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

All Right, show up at Grayson Lake Kentucky betwee the 22nd and 25th of Sept and I'll buy a beer for whoever shows up!

brother chris

Commander

You had me there too SS. <br />I agree with FSHKPR. A beer will do just fine. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Good deal SS. Now I just wish that I would buy me a new work van. Been drivin it for 8 years and has a 194k mi on it and the check engine lite just came on today. I just isn't fair! :p <br /><br />Glad your post wasn't like it sounded.