Borrowing uncle, when has he gone to far?

magster65

Commander
Re: Borrowing uncle, when has he gone to far?

A boy must make the transformation into a man at some point. Stand up to your uncle... look him right in the eye and say no. Repeat it if you have to! I'm sure your father will back your decision if you need him.

txswinner

Banned

RPJS, I really like the motto, hope you do not mind if I steal it. I am having it cut into a board and will post above my garage. Thank you.<br /><br />And Ryan, you can only be taken advantage of if you let it happen. I am same way but sometimes just say NO! Or store something on the trailer so it is not available. Good luck.

oddjob

Commander

There's alot of ways to handle this....I just wrote two before this one...<br /><br />If you were my son I'd tell you this:<br /><br />Because of past deeds....he thinks that your his BOY now and that trailer and all of your helpful skills belong to him now. <br /><br />Since he (BIL) did'nt explain this deal to you up front, then there is NO DEAL! AND!...you dont need to verbally explain it either. Because if you did...that would mean that there is a problem between you two. Then he'll tell your ant and she will tell your mother and she will tell your dad......(get the picture?)...Before you know it it will be your fault in the first place yada,yada etc. <br /><br />So like a few folks said....if and when you get it back ....put a lock on the trailer. Dont answer his calls. When he asks for your help , your busy.<br /> If he or family member questions you, tell them, you use it everyweek and you cant be without it for a week. And you have good reason to expect what has just happened will happen again. <br /><br />If he wants it, he'll have to ask your dad. It belongs to him but he has intrusted it to you. Thats it. <br /><br />Your being tested...you can do it!