Border emergency declared in New Mexico

crab bait

Captain
Re: Border emergency declared in New Mexico

how do you spell phi-ci-ous.. that's what i'm bein'..<br /><br />ofcoarse they're terrorists gettin' thru..<br />what what all this homeland security rah-rah..balogny..!!

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I'm sure glad that the Feds are shakin down Grandma at the airport while thousands cross the borders.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

My vote is the shoot em policy.If their first step into this country is a disrespect for and breaking of the law,that says something about the kind of people trying to enter this country. :mad: :mad: :mad: Charlie

Realgun

Commander

Realgun, I have a lot of issues with our open borders. There are an estimated 5000 members of a south american gang ILLEGALLY here in the USA. This gang is notoriusly brutal.
Yes I know about that gang. I personally feel we should close the borders but, the issue then is what will Mexico do? <br /><br />It might hurt us to close the border more than it hurts Mexico. If there were a way to make it ok for pewople to be here for a few years but not get all the benefits they get now that would be good. <br /><br />One new law we really need to enact is that you don't get automatic citizenship if your born here BUT, you get the citizenship only if Either your Mother or Father is an American Citizen. That will stop a bit of the problems we have.

D

DJ

Realgun wrote:<br /><br />
One new law we really need to enact is that you don't get automatic citizenship if your born here BUT, you get the citizenship only if Either your Mother or Father is an American Citizen. That will stop a bit of the problems we have.<br />
Agree 100%. That is an arcaic law that was needed when we ere TRYING to populate this country.<br /><br />As I've mentioned, many times, we need a guest worker program. That gets the people that want to work on the radar screen and contributing to the economy. It also identifies everyone else.<br /><br />We don't care they are here, as long as we know who they are and they are here legally.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I actually agree with the guest worker program. Close the borders tight, and only let the approved people in.<br /><br />We can then continue to use their cheap labor, as a guest worker (in my opinion) should not have the same protections that the US citizens get.<br /><br />Right now, it just a free for all, anybody can come and go as they please. This must stop now!<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

anybody can come and go as they please.
Ken,<br /><br />They can only come here, they can't go back and forth-too risky. <br /><br />Many of them WANT to. But, we won't let them.<br /><br />I say, let them come and go. As long as we know who they are and where they are.<br /><br />But, common sense is NOT prevailing on this issue. It has become emotional. Which means, there will be NO good outcome.