Boat year/model?

mrgizmo

Cadet
I just acquired a boat/motor/trailer and was wondering what year and model it may be (cant seem to find any images of it. Aluminum is sound but the interior is rotten. Im trying to find how the floor went in, as it was redone.

Last edited:

REdington

Seaman
possibly a mid '60s Starcraft
The floors are not that bad to replace in most aluminum boats like yours. First you need to find out if who ever redone the floor put it on top of the original floor or they replace it the right way. First strip out the boat of everything on the floor and you'll see either screws or pop rivets holding the floor down. If it pop rivets, just take a 1/4" drill bit and drill the heads off. When the floor is up, this is about what it'll look like once you have all the old foam removed.

If it was my boat, I would be replacing the tramsom also while it tore down.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
try this again

try this

fetch

mrgizmo

Cadet
Mine is a bit different. And yes the transom is shot. I had to split the transom cap to be able to put the new one in.

jbcurt00

Staff member
The pix showed up in posts #7 & 8

You can post 6 pix per posts

You'll have to post some shots of the profile, bow and as much of the interior hull as possible if you want help ID'ing it.

There are 2 ribs running across the beam (width) of the boat on either side of your Ryobi drill in the last pix. How far apart are they? I'd guess 2ft.

If you compare yours to the pix REd posted, his has stringers running fore & aft across ribs (that are across the beam of the boat) to support the deck (floor)

Yours is the opposite. The stringers are beneath the ribs, and the ribs support the deck

It also looks like there is a thin lip/ledge running around the inside of the boat about where the deck would 'sit' once installed. Compared again to REd's posted pix there is no such lip until you get up close to the bow and then there is a lip to support the deck. The lip is at the bottom of the side panel shown in your 2nd pix. It looks like it's sitting directly on top of the ribs. It probably also functions as an attachment backer for the side panel.

I'd guess it's not a Starcraft, even if it has the typical diamond shaped bow plate as shown in this pix:
20130512_182401_zps238167ac.jpg

Last edited:

mrgizmo

Cadet
Here's the bow 662E0121-2CB6-4B5C-8309-998A8FED08D0_zpslzroyv8t.jpg
662E0121-2CB6-4B5C-8309-998A8FED08D0_zpslzroyv8t.jpg

Attachments

• 200_zps5535bebf.jpg
    200_zps5535bebf.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's semi Starcrafty, but it isn't. The hull where it joins the stern is wrong. What does the paperwork say?

Last edited:

mrgizmo

Cadet
I don't have the paperwork. I looked through so many pic and couldn't find that 4 piece windshield on any other boats.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't know where you live, but without papers - It might be a planter. Check your with your locals about registration. Are those Canadian numbers on her?

mrgizmo

Cadet
I am in Ontario Canada, with my pwc all I had to do was re-register the hull number under my name, but not sure if they are Canadian numbers.