Boat Windshield Wiper

viper1216

Chief Petty Officer
The wiper on my boat is kinda shredded and I want to replace. I found a few replacements that are stainless steel. Question is on fit. Is it similar to buying a car blade? As long as you get the correct length, it comes with different adapters for mounting? Or are they specific types I need to get? They all seem to be the same, but want to make sure I am looking at it correctly.

Thanks!!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The wiper on my boat is kinda shredded and I want to replace. I found a few replacements that are stainless steel. Question is on fit. Is it similar to buying a car blade? As long as you get the correct length, it comes with different adapters for mounting? Or are they specific types I need to get? They all seem to be the same, but want to make sure I am looking at it correctly.

Thanks!!
Same as a car blade.
Took mine off and took it with me to NAPA. Found several refills that fit my SS "wipe blade"

matt167

Captain
Unless your boating in the salt, don't worry about marine wiper blades or being stainless ect... It's probably about a 12" standard J hook wiper. You can likely find the wiper you need at Walmart, or anywhere that sells wipers.. Car's get wet all the time, so buying some special marine wiper is wasting money

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
depends.

on my boat the stock/original wiper was a custom Bosche marine only wiper. I used the rear wiper blade and holder from wallyworld and used a bolt to hold it to the arm