Boat so "nasty" I refused to work on it.

Dave Barnett

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jan 16, 2010
Messages
282
Re: Boat so "nasty" I refused to work on it.

A few years ago I had a job managing and doing maintenance on rental houses for a local politician. I have seen first hand some of the most disgusting offensive messes anyone can imagine. I always refused to enter the places until they were cleaned to normal acceptance. Often these people would be served eviction notices and would pay fines rather than clean up. That is when I would open all windows and toss appliances, etc. in the yard for a week. Then go strip and completely remodel. Very costly. With the boat not belonging to you or being in your responsibility, I would tell this guy to stand that boat on its stern and power wash it till it gleams then bring it back and then maybe I'd winterize it.
 

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
633
Re: Boat so "nasty" I refused to work on it.

So Bubba, did the guy ever pick up/clean the boat?
 

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Messages
1,135
Re: Boat so "nasty" I refused to work on it.

Your 'grunts' don't have hazmat training or PPE, which is what they need to clean up condoms.
 

scipper77

Commander
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
2,106
Re: Boat so "nasty" I refused to work on it.

WOW :eek: Is this guy for real?? I Bought a house from a guy (short sale) that was the same way. He removed anything of value and anything he didn't want to keep was thrown on the floor. A week before the closing I called the guy at his job and said since it's pretty obvious you are going to leave the house like that I was willing to help him clean it out.

This was a generous offer but it was driven by politics. We had to move in on the day of closing as that was when our old house closed as well. With a pregnant wife and 2yo I needed to have a company come in and shampoo all of the rugs before I could have my family in there. One of the rugs had so much dog hair we thought it was a marbled rug, but it turned out it was a solid blue rug with more dog hair on it than you could believe.

As a matter of politics I needed to get this guys approval to go into the house before closing so I played real nice. once I was in (and big surprise he never showed up) I piled all of his crap an towels/blankets or in garbage bags and tossed it in a big pile in the garage (on top of the big pile that was already there.) We then had the floors vacuumed and cleaned and went on our way.

I threw a lot of stuff in the garage pile that I knew he still wanted but that lazy s.o.b. never bothered to go through the pile. We got a bunch of free stuff out of that pile like expensive mixers, some tools, toys, mp3 players, dvd's, a game cube, computer software (like a oem copy of M.S. office), a new carpet shampooer (ironic I know).

It took me months to get the house situated with all of the mess this guy left and all of my stuff to put in. The free trinkets this guy left were no where near worth all of the trouble I had to go through.

The thing that eats me about this guy is that he was rewarded for being a disgusting, disrepectful, lazy slob. I had to kiss his but and try to help him out to get in there early. The short sale meant that he was selling the house he overpayed on and trashed at a big loss and the Bank was forgiving his debt.

He made GOOD money as a physicians assistant but certainly wasn't right in the head. 3 of the first 5 neighbors i met had called the cops on this guy, one called when he brought a gun to his kids bus stop because he had an issue with the bus driver.

By the way we found 2 used condoms when cleaning out the finished basement. He also left a blank prescription pad in the upstairs closet.
 

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
1,510
Re: Boat so "nasty" I refused to work on it.

a buddy of mine bought a cool house at a great price but they had to haul 3-roll off containers of garbage& junk out.:eek:
 

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
533
Re: Boat so "nasty" I refused to work on it.

That dude doesn't deserve to be on the water...even with a Bayliner (I meant that in the good way of course, lol)
 
Top