Boat Names

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Saw one 2 years ago named "seamen aboard" which was a 42ft SeaRay I think, it had a tender named "bakers ride". The funny part was it was a couple in their maybe 80s who owned them. The boat was I think 6 years old too so not like they came up with it a couple of decades ago either. Asked the old guy about it and he told me a long back story on it dating to the 60s. Guess the wife got to pick the colour of the boat and he got to pick the name. They didn't tell each other what they were picking and picked the boat up and each found out the other part.

Scott289

Recruit
Boat names remind me of race horse names. My friends dad had a 28 ft cabin cruiser that was bright yellow he named it real butter

1975oday22

Chief Petty Officer
mine is sand witch, (named before i got it. ) lol

Attachments

• IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    350.8 KB · Views: 5

TheGM1217

Cadet
Me and my wife had our first (blind) date to go waterskiing on my dad's boat 40 years ago. We've owned it for the last 32 years and still in use every weekend. Needless to say, its name is "First Date."

kenny nunez

Captain
The previous owner of a 24’ Campbell I once owned was at a “Secret Santa” party and ended up with a pair of women’s panties. He put them on and the ladies commented, OH HE is SO SHY! Thus the boat was named.
“OH SO SHY”

jitterbug127

Petty Officer 1st Class
I name my boats after the person I buy them from. This started with my last boat. I bought it from a guy named Cecil, so i named the boat Cecil. My current boat I bought off a guy named Darrell, but his facebook handle is Brookside. My current boat's name is Brookside.

Ken Kitchen

Cadet
All our stuff is named 'Lazydays', from our weekend get a way to our pontoon. But I have a friend that named his pontoon 'Toon-a Fish'