boat names

film495

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a boat I made that I'm trying to add a name to - was thinking of

"walk away"

is that a bad name? good name? never tried to name a boat before.

phwrd

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: boat names

What type of boat is it ? Where are you going to boat ? If there is any chance that you will go aground, might not be a good name...

I just think you shouldn't give the Boating Gods a reason to not smile down on you.

Last edited:

film495

Petty Officer 2nd Class

skiff, 16 feet long, marine ply fiberglass composite, 25 hp, converting to remote shift/throttle this year, steering etc. Little Sebago Lake, Maine - built it right next to the water and pushed it in. just a little run about, drive around for fun, some fly fishing, just recreation.

I could tell you what "walk away" is from, but if you saw that on the back of a boat, what would you think. It is more fun if I don't tell you what it is from until after.

Attachments

• boat2005.jpeg
    boat2005.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

That boat is perfect for flyfishing in Biscayne bay:)

How about 'FlatBottom Girl';)

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

Sometimes you find yourself in a situation where in a "stroke of genius", you come up with the perfect name for your boat.

DCP_1585A.jpg

No, that name had absolutelty nothing to do with my divorce where I got to keep the boat ( and the house too ) :D

Jeff

maswiv5

Recruit

Nice. Looks like you definitely got the better end of that deal. Love it.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

if i saw that name i would not "get it" but still a cool name.

is it because the boat was a walk away from the house?

what area are you boating in?

film495

Petty Officer 2nd Class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm_-sW4Vktw

I like to zip around the lake and listen to tracks 1,3,6 from the original Boston album - and really what are we all doing when we go to our boats and build them and work on them, for me really it is a distraction from the tedium that can be regular life - so, what do you do when you're pissed at work and going to do something dumb, you "walk away" for a little while and cool down - so, I think it is sort of a really interesting name that can be taken many ways, but for people who are into boating - It seems like it could be a name that will last.

I also considered "Long Time" and "Front Door" - but those seem like Cheezy sexual references at first glance and "Walk Away" talkes a little thought to put together.