Boat names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boat names.

pj, TKS VERY much, you sparked the idea,

No, I haven't found a replacement for "Leaky" yet. I've been looking hard for 6 months.

I think when I do, I will name her "Eureka"

Greek for "I found it!" The word/phrase reportedly exclaimed by Archimedes the instant he discovered his principle of buoyancy. A law we ALL live by.

I like it. The wife likes it. The kids aren't paying for it.

It's a done deal.

Jim

TBTOsterman

Cadet

My first boat, 83 WebbCraft, was yellow, orange, and red - the same colors of McDonalds. My college nick name was "Quarter Pounder" as I was short and stocky (no changes there). So, "Quarter Pounder" stuck to the boat as well. I felt at 18' it was not big enough to call the Big Mac.

I got a real steal of a deal on my second boat, a 94 Caravelle Legend. One of the things the previous owner said during the deal was "No strings attached." That was easy..."No Strings Attached"

My favorite names are the ones with multiple meanings...ones that may rais an eyebrow!

Starppy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

When I am working on mine and things don't go well the MFG Caprice is "Lousy piece of *$&^#@&!!"

The Starcraft Jupiter is Obstinate "*&*@$%!!"

The best names I ever saw on boats was Master Baiter II and the Friendly Hooker. They were both fishing boats.

Daddy13

Recruit

Krosemond - I had a thought about your 'Triple K', etc - how about '3 Kilos' [If K=Kilo in US?] ;-)

Sounds great! but expect to be borded for inspections often! Kilo down in these parts might ne mistaken for 3 square groopers :eek:

grego

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: pcrussell50

Re: pcrussell50

Why buy new???. just take prop to a "prop shop' and have them, change the "pitch" of prop. It is cheaper,and these guys know what they are doing! I am running a 26 degree laser II prop and am happy with it.

Rasputen

Cadet

my first bass boat was an 18ft nitro that i called "the early worm" the second bass boat was a 20ft nitro that i called "the early worm II" both of which i was half owner with my fishin partner.. i just purchased my own bass boat 21 ft Nitro and have named it "its my island" because its a 929 CDX and is basically a small island with all that deck space

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

"Wet Dreams" was my first one. Someone named it before I got it and the one I have now is " 4-Play " because we love to play in it.....

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I am barely 1/2 way into my restoration, but last night, in joking around with my wife, I thought of the perfect name for my boat..

"The Last Word"

The real meaning for the name is a bit of an inside joke between my wife and I, but the word games you can play with the name are also amusing :)

TJLMERC330

Cadet

I have owned #1 23' Sea Sprite 'Ripple" ...#2 28' Pacemaker 'Raine Daze' then chaged it to 'Chapter Two' (after the divorce) .. then #3 36' Pacemaker 'ALL - IN' ... I am now trying to come up with names for my 2 new nameless boats #1 25' Grady Sailfish and a Mercury 330 RIB .....

My 2 favorite names that I have seen #1 'Oh SEA Dee' ... #2 'Emotional Rescue'

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JB, 3 K's in the south has a very distinct implication. Maybe I should rename her "Special K", but I have always heard renaming a vessel is bad luck.
smile.gif

Hey, I LIKE that!

BTW, Avatar is Lady Lea.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello all,<br /><br /> I just got a 2003 Wellcraft Excalibur.... I got it from a dealer who had a fire. The boat suffered a little smoke damage... the aluminum trim around the windshield is lightly faded.... I need to come up with a name for her..... My wife and I am firefighters as well... I know a lil ironic that we bought a smoke damaged boat and we are both firefighters.... anybody have any thoughts on a name??? I was thinking,, "smokey" or "our smoker" <br /><br />what do ya think??

Smokejumper?

jkboliphant

Cadet

I have a 95 Mariah Z192 which is my first boat that I have named "Paid Fore" to give a little love to my first love, that was of course before I bought a boat :D

swordfish25

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have had many boats over the years, and all kinds, but only named three. The 19 baja was named ( the fuse ) It was a fast wild boat. The 25 checkmate was called ( Localmotion ) I was always on the go, and went everywhere. I stayed on it every weekend and vacation. The 27 doral cruiser was called ( amenaties ) That has everything you need to stay out with.

204 Escape

Ensign

Hey, boat1010. We named our boat "4 Play" a year ago. BUT, I am thinking about changing it to "Aqua-Holic II"

I've seen Aqua-Holic, but NOT "Aqua-Holic II ". ;)

pcrussell50

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have had many boats over the years, and all kinds, but only named three. The 19 baja was named ( the fuse ) It was a fast wild boat. The 25 checkmate was called ( Localmotion ) I was always on the go, and went everywhere. I stayed on it every weekend and vacation. The 27 doral cruiser was called ( amenaties ) That has everything you need to stay out with.

sweet! any hidden/cute reason you spelled the 27 doral as "amenaties" instead of the correct spelling?

-peter

swordfish25

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not have a spell check, and am not perfect like you. so why do you have to make a thing of spelling, some people do the best they can. 0ne finger typing takes a while.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not have a spell check, and am not perfect like you. so why do you have to make a thing of spelling, some people do the best they can. 0ne finger typing takes a while.

Wow, easy now. Throttle back. I thought it a legitimate question when I saw it. There's so many reasons for the names we give the ladies in our lives that it looked like there might have been a good story there. And, we ALL like good stories. Did I ever tell you about the fish that was THIS big?

Status
Not open for further replies.