Boat looks chalky and faded ! how do I shine her up ?

skeeterFever

Cadet
Re: Boat looks chalky and faded ! how do I shine her up ?

Ok, so how do you apply the vaseline ? do u buff it in with something or just rub it all over, let it sit and then wipe off ? But I cant use it on anything white? I am so confused on what to do ! and does it have to be vaseline or can i buy cheap Walmart brand stuff ?

im new to this theory and forum...but re3gular tub of vaseline generic cvs brand....broight the shine up significantly on my boat.....{dark color though}...

as far as my application- i just used a regular terry cloth...wipped into the tub and wiped generously on the boat surface...little went a long way.....//then used another terry cloth to kinda remove as much exxcess as could,,which wasnt much........i see no need to buff it.......IF SOMEONE HAS BUFFED. I WILL BE WATCHING THIS THREAD AND POSSIBLY LEARN FROM THEM.....AS FAR AS NOW I WONT BE BUFFING......LETS SEE HOW LONG IT SHINES BEFORE NEEDING TO COAT IT AGAIN..

skargo

Banned
Re: Boat looks chalky and faded ! how do I shine her up ?

Petroleum jelly is petroleum jelly. Buy the cheapest you can find like I did, it worked great. I considered working it in with a machine, but ended up just rubbing it on by hand, circular motion. I did the boat, then went back and wiped the excess off, also working with a circular motion. There was a light film of vaseline on it for 3 days, in the heat of the summer, close to 90 every day. 4 or 5 days later I wiped it down again and it's been beautiful so far. I did ad a quick wipe down with ptfe polish, I think it looks nice.

31 year old gel coat. :D
6020_256975555651_554955651_8181506_6501283_n.jpg