Boat Hard to Start After a Long Sit

jakwi

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You can connect red to purple/yellow. Purple yellow goes direct to the pump, red is from the battery. I do it right at the starter.

View attachment 327961
Hey I just have an unrelated question about the starter wiring in this post. The orange, from the alternator, bypasses the fuse and is connected directly to the red in the picture. I just fried the fuse last week because my orange was connected to the fuse, and my alternator shorted out. Just curious how it is supposed to be wired.

For this post, I just wanted to comment that your carbed motor may have an mechanical pump like mine, so if that's the case this change in wiring won't be an option.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey I just have an unrelated question about the starter wiring in this post. The orange, from the alternator, bypasses the fuse and is connected directly to the red in the picture. I just fried the fuse last week because my orange was connected to the fuse, and my alternator shorted out. Just curious how it is supposed to be wired.

For this post, I just wanted to comment that your carbed motor may have an mechanical pump like mine, so if that's the case this change in wiring won't be an option.
Unrelated questions should be in a new thread you start, not here.