Blabity bla bla bla

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Blabity bla bla bla

I am not sure a seperate politics section would accomplish much. Then we would need a seperate religion section, and so on. I have always assumed that Dockside exists for all of these miscellaneous subjects, and it is up to us to use it at our own risks. I can't vouch for anyone else, but as much as I loath the politics, I would still end up looking. It would just be one more link to click, but the end result would be the same I think. To be honest, I think we either need to just leave DC as is, or abbolish it altogether and not allow any discusion beyond boating related subjects on this site.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Guys this is ridiculous....those who dont like political agenda can skip political posts just as those who dont like the posts about not liking the political threads can skip those as well.......<br /><br />yeah at times the content is interesting an can spark debates....but i think the main reason for the dislike of the political posts in some of us stems from the outlandish number of threads about the same things and the same arguments; that and the constant bashing. debate is one thing....but some of the posts arent debate, they are just straight up trolls. my 2 cents and MHO

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

my liking of this portion of the iboats forums is the day to day fun topics. I may not post on most of those mentioned topics, but do indeed enjoy reading them. <br /><br />I will however get tied up in issues that are close to me, such as labor unions, some political issues, and the like.<br /><br />originally I came here looking for project boat info and old outboard info. great stuff here, got a projy boat going now (an endless project that keeps being interrupted with family stuff and honey do's).<br /><br />hope all had a good weekend. I did, me and my 5 year old son went to the shack together sans mom and daughter (first time ).....great fun, my boy and I visited and sat in all five tree stands I have up. lottsa black bear sign too.<br /><br />I do digress, but stuff like I just typed is what makes DSC forum attractive, to me at least.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No cottonpicking way, dudes.<br /><br />It is bad enough moderating some of the venom that gets spewed here. No chance for an unbiased moderator, so no chance for a hate and venom forum.<br /><br />It will cool down after everyone has has his/her say and been flamed for it. Be patient and stop posting hate and venom.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Opinions are like bellybuttons, everybody has lint in them...

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> No cottonpicking way, dudes.<br /><br />It is bad enough moderating some of the venom that gets spewed here. No chance for an unbiased moderator, so no chance for a hate and venom forum.<br /><br />It will cool down after everyone has has his/her say and been flamed for it. Be patient and stop posting hate and venom.
With all due respect JB, this is why I will talk to Bruno directly. I knew what the answer would be by going to you. I think that if you ask the other mods, most will agree.

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by JasonJ:<br /> To be honest, I think we either need to just leave DC as is, or abbolish it altogether and not allow any discusion beyond boating related subjects on this site. [/QB]
I agree with the last part of that.

PW2

Commander

I think it is a ridiculous idea, FWIW.<br /><br />There are lots of other areas of this site to discuss other more happy topics. There is nothing wrong with that.<br /><br />If you want to get controversial, you can go to the boats section and talk about Bayliners!<br /><br />I find it very easy to skip over things that don't interest me. I frankly can't understand what the problem is.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by PW2:<br />I find it very easy to skip over things that don't interest me. I frankly can't understand what the problem is.
The problem is if you skip over everything political, there is nothing left. :rolleyes: Trying to participate in a non political discussion here is like a vegetarian trying to eat dinner at McDonalds. There is little to nothing to chose from.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

The problem is if you skip over everything political, there is nothing left.
So... Start a new non-political thread that interests you.... :cool: Maybe, just maybe, it'll interest others and take the light off the political threads...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I think it is a ridiculous idea, FWIW.<br /><br />There are lots of other areas of this site to discuss other more happy topics. There is nothing wrong with that.<br /><br />If you want to get controversial, you can go to the boats section and talk about Bayliners!<br /><br />I find it very easy to skip over things that don't interest me. I frankly can't understand what the problem is.
Atta boy PW, you are my kinda guy! :D