bimini towing

Clutzmi

Cadet
i read on hear a while back about someone building a bracket to to hold the bimini over the outboard while towing. i am interested in doing the same does anyone know what im talking about? and does anyone have any picture they can share to get me started?

thanks in advance
Clutzmi

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: bimini towing

Why would you need a bracket? They usually fold down to the rear rail so that you can secure them there.

Clutzmi

Cadet

I don't believe this is the correct top for the boat. It is very unstable unless I run all 4 straps

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

My biminis have stowage brackets...

Photo04280658av.jpg

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Mine also has up arms arms for towing. You can see them in the picture.

on slip 512.JPG

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mine came with a drop down bracket for towing and when you raise it up they fold down and snap in place. you could make them. Not the best pic I have, but should help maybe.
side with cover.jpg

Clutzmi

Cadet

That's what Ive beeen finding but havelall round poles

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

You can still add support poles that are round. It doesn't matter the style of the pole. I for one take my tops down when trailering They ride to high to be safe under some trees. I sometimes trailer with the rear top on the support bracket for short distances it isn't as tall as the main Bimini. Best to trailer long hauls with no canvas. General rule that it.

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

I for one take my tops down when trailering They ride to high to be safe under some trees. I sometimes trailer with the rear top on the support bracket for short distances it isn't as tall as the main Bimini. Best to trailer long hauls with no canvas. General rule that it.

I agree

Clutzmi

Cadet

You can still add support poles that are round. It doesn't matter the style of the pole. I for one take my tops down when trailering They ride to high to be safe under some trees. I sometimes trailer with the rear top on the support bracket for short distances it isn't as tall as the main Bimini. Best to trailer long hauls with no canvas. General rule that it.

Where can I find round short poles? Ive searched the web for them and had no luck