Bimini top for inflatable boat

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bimini top for inflatable boat

Ok, go boating with at least two mates then, inflatables compared to any other type of boat are the most stable on water because are flat bottom and have very low center of gravity, could be unstable if you are caught sideways by a wave, but not in choppy seas with no waves...

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Please anyone advice me. Does two clamps on the outboard is strong enough to secure on the transom? Should I secure it more with 2 bolts as recommend in manual.

For better clamp lock, glue a thin compact plastic, pvc, hypalon fabric matching engine plate inside contour, if possible screw clamps for both eyes looking at each other, secure with rope. In that position you can even secure engine with a heavy duty pad lock to discourrage fast opportunist thieves.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Engine Clamps.JPG
    Engine Clamps.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 0

ZIZON

Seaman

For better clamp lock, place a thin hard plastic, pvc, hypalon fabric glued to the inside of the engine pad plate, if possible screw clamps for both eyes to be paralell and secure with rope.

Happy Boating

Thank you so much for your good tips, i'm going to to it. that look tight.

some more pics
DSC03358.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

DSC03371.jpg

DSC03365.jpg

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03367.jpg

likalar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good! Now to find a way to keep the folded top rolled up neatly and "ship-shape".

Larry

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Just evenly and neatly roll canopy over both folded alum rails and place a canopy sleeve to match max horizontal width, secure with 2 cm velkro width strap stitched on total lenght sleeve borders.

Happy Boating

abdiver7777

Seaman Apprentice

This is good advice for both 2-stroke and 4-stroke.....

Fuel with or without oil/stabilizers will evaporate in the carburator and leave behind a varnish type residule that will require a thourough cleaning.

You'll be amazed at how easy and consistant your outboard will start everytime if you practice removing the fuel line while the engine is running and let it run until it wont anymore. I'll even throttle it up while it is sputtering to to get as much out of the carb as possible....

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have no experience with them but I would agree...having done an Internet search myself for launch wheels they seem to be very heavy duty.

I thought about making my own using large plastic dock wheels http://www.amazon.com/Pk-Patriot-24-Dock-Wheels/dp/B003M903YY but after looking at all the parts I needed I was up to about 175.00

5546154550_0c79b15002_o-1.jpg

red - angle iron (aluminum would be better if you could get it cheap)
blue - 1.5" pipe
yellow - cotter key with spacer
green - dock wheels

You would need a spacer (of sorts) between the angle bar and wheels above. The wheels are huge...24" diameter, 12" would be better. The reason I even wanted to make my own was to be able to take them off. None of the models I liked would do that.

ZIZON

Seaman

I have no experience with them but I would agree...having done an Internet search myself for launch wheels they seem to be very heavy duty.

I thought about making my own using large plastic dock wheels http://www.amazon.com/Pk-Patriot-24-Dock-Wheels/dp/B003M903YY but after looking at all the parts I needed I was up to about 175.00

You would need a spacer (of sorts) between the angle bar and wheels above. The wheels are huge...24" diameter, 12" would be better. The reason I even wanted to make my own was to be able to take them off. None of the models I liked would do that.

Thank you for your recommendation, i can not make it by myself, i have already bought it,i will keep you posted with my boat wheels.

ZIZON

Seaman

I have a 3 blade propeller nissan 9.8 HP on 12.5 ft boat, does it get improved in power if i replace it with 4 blade propeller. Many thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Probably "slight" better performance just for better potting around, you go boating heavily loaded with too many people for that sib/engine configuration to be on plane :mad:, go for at least a 18 HP engine to perform as expected :D

Happy Boating

ZIZON

Seaman

I have a workshop to make a stand the engine when not in use

DSC03422.jpg

Those launching wheels are expensive but it's worth for money. Good quality, very conveniences. Now I need only 2 people to launch the boat.

DSC03419.jpg

emoney

Commander

With that trailer and a boat ramp, now you only need 1 to launch. Looks very nice.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Zizon, nice trailer starter if planning to launch sib combo with defleted keel if that was the original plan, will bore soon inflating/deflating often at beach/water whatever, would suggest bending the front bar and shape it accorrdingly to accomodate your inflated keel on top as shown in pic. If your keel once nflated reaches near transom area, will probably need to raise lateral frame bed (where wheels are placed) to accomodate better end keel on rear frame & slat. (xx).

If tubes will fit inside tire protectors, glue a thin cushion protector inside them to avoid tube side rubbing when trailer combo it's on it's way.(x) Instaed of wooden slats on top metal frame, why don't you place glued rubber stripes/slats ? Will shape/contour better on frame once keel angle has been modified.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• 123456.JPG
    123456.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 0

ZIZON

Seaman

Zizon, nice trailer starter if planning to launch sib combo with defleted keel if that was the original plan, will bore soon inflating/deflating often at beach/water whatever, would suggest bending the front bar and shape it accorrdingly to accomodate your inflated keel on top as shown in pic. If your keel once nflated reaches near transom area, will probably need to raise lateral frame bed (where wheels are placed) to accomodate better end keel on rear frame & slat. (xx).

If tubes will fit inside tire protectors, glue a thin cushion protector inside them to avoid tube side rubbing when trailer combo it's on it's way.(x) Instaed of wooden slats on top metal frame, why don't you place glued rubber stripes/slats ? Will shape/contour better on frame once keel angle has been modified.

Happy Boating

Thanks you very much for your good ideas, I?m lazy to mod it now, just adding some cushions on tire protectors to protect the boat sides

ZIZON

Seaman

There is some pictures of my last weekend trip with some friends

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

DSC03498.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

ZIZON

Seaman

Please anyone can tell me why my 9.8 engine from ? to full throttle, it seems that does not increase in speed but noise? Is it normal? Thanks