FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I WANT TO INSTALL BIGGER JETTS ON MY 2001 25HP<br />NISSAN OUTBOARD SO I CAN GET MORE POWER OUT OF IT.<br />I HEARD YOU CAN INSTALL BIGGER JETTS BUT WHAT SIZE<br />AND WHERE TO GET THEM.
Nissan does not offer a jet upgrade for horsepower. Do you have a handtiller or a remote control model? If you have a handtiller model you can pull off the rubber grip on the throttle handle and pry out the little metal block. That will make it a 30 hp. If you have a remote model...its a 30 hp out of the box.
What IOB said, but to be more specific: You cannot increase hp by increasing the amount of fuel unless you also increase the amount of air.<br /><br />Bigger jets would only make your engine run lousy and suck fuel.
THANKS FOR THE INFO.I HAVE IT AS A REMOTE CONTROL<br />MODEL AND I ALREADY REMOVED THE RESTRICTOR PLATE<br />WHICH GAVE ME MORE SPEED BECAUSE I GAINED 5 MPH<br />MORE AND I THOUGHT I COULD GET BIGGER JETTS FOR<br />MORE SPEED.