bf 130

zimmer

Recruit
getting my first four stroke and wondering if any common issues to watch out for, its in for fuel pump recall, its a 2001 bf130 unknown hours, or can you tell, what does bf mean, was also reading a previous post and talked about 10 year warranty on heads? thanx.

Zig123

Cadet
Re: bf 130

Zim - service bulletin # 27 from Honda allows you to get it inspected for head cracks and repaired at n/c if damage due to cracks is observed. I just bought a 1999. Honda dealer said that they were unaware of it. I called Honda and spoke with a guy in the service group who told me it was. I'm waiting until the end of this season to get inspected (it's a 10-year warranty, my motor was bought in 2000 so it's good to 2010). Affected serial #'s are:
BF130A BZBE-1000001 thru 1201321
BF130A BZBH-1000001 thru 1200180

There should also be one for the main relay (I think bulletin #48). This is what the dealer set me up with an app't to get done. I'm not going to push the head inspection right now, as I've got other irons in the fire with getting the motor going (it's been sitting for 3 years).

Sounds like you're getting the recall on the fuel pump done? Let me know if so, I've got some simple ?'s about it (trying to figure if mine got done or not, buyer said it did, Honda says it didn't - I'd imagine that the before/after look is different...)