Best way to fill in screw holes in transom

illbreakthat

Cadet
I am brand new to boating and bought a 97 larson flyer and it has a few screw holes in the transom from differently located depth finders I would assume. What is the best way to fill/cover these? The boat after a couple of hours on the water has about 500ml of water inside when I pull the drain plug from the rear. There is no other damage on the boat other than some small chips that I am not worried about and the hull has no cracking that I have found.

Any answers are greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Best way to fill in screw holes in transom

Really small holes 3M 5200 sealant. Regular screws holes, some epoxy, or mainetex (which is really just epoxy) or some thicken polyester resin. There are options.

The main thing is how long have they been open and has it affected the transom? Do they go all the way thru? Any cracks around them.

A picture of the holes would be a good thing here.

illbreakthat

Cadet

I will take some pictures tonight and post them up tommorow. I will also check the depth of the holes to see if they went through the hull or not. I have only owned this boat now for 1.5 weeks so I am just getting into knowing all the little issues and I am finding this Forum site to be a fantabulous place with unlimited information. A great thanks to all of the people on here!

109jb

Lieutenant Commander

How about a screw with sealant on the head? Seems pretty obvious to me.