FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I think this would be the right forum. I want to make my audio speaker holes about an inch wider in diameter just wondering if a dremel would be the best way and what kind of tip or if something else works better. gracias
If you have room to get a jigsaw in there, I would go with that. If you are bound and determined to use a dremel, I would look into a spiral cutting bit like you see on a rotozip.
I've had great results cutting fiberglass very neatly using one of those multifunction power tools similar to the Fein Multimaster (Harbor Freight has one that they periodically put on sale for about $35). I use the straight blade for short cuts, and you just can't miss with them. I'm probably going to wear mine out soon, because I use it for cutting and sanding on the boat.
I've had great results cutting fiberglass very neatly using one of those multifunction power tools similar to the Fein Multimaster (Harbor Freight has one that they periodically put on sale for about $35). I use the straight blade for short cuts, and you just can't miss with them. I'm probably going to wear mine out soon, because I use it for cutting and sanding on the boat.
I have two Fein Multimasters (old style and new style). If you're doing any project with fiberglass you can't afford to be without one. The HSS segment saw blade makes cutting 'glass effortless.