Best Way to Clean Injectors.-

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Was wondering if the injectors must be cleaned periodically as to spray, not squirt healthy inside each combustion chamber, if so is it safe to add a full bottle of car's inyector cleaners that treats 12-14 gallons on a 2 stroke EFI tank ?

Happy Boating

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, the question was whether they need to be cleaned periodically.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Send them out to Brucato power.
Don't live in the US, could send them to a local injector service facility, but don't want to go that route, it's a long demanding job removing them out especially on a large HP motor, that's why I asked.

Happy Boating

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
There is no mechanic in a can that will clean periodically. You either use a preventative from the begining or?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
There is no mechanic in a can that will clean periodically. You either use a preventative from the begining or?

This motor has clocked 1.0 K run hours, the powerhead nor the injectors have ever been decarboned before, so the use of a preventive like which from the beginning doesn't apply any more. BTY, Injector Cleaners comes in plastic bottles, not cans....

Happy Boating

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral

This motor has clocked 1.0 K run hours, the powerhead nor the injectors have ever been decarboned before, so the use of a preventive like which from the beginning doesn't apply any more. BTY, Injector Cleaners comes in plastic bottles, not cans....

Happy Boating
Find a Unicorn maybe it will clean your injectors!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Find a Unicorn maybe it will clean your injectors!
Wow, such a spot on technical answer, congrats I'm amazed by your deep knowledge. If you run carbed motors and don't know if EFI motors need to have their injectors cleaned once in a while or periodically for that matter to spray properly as were built to do so, don't post silly response that undermine the majesty of IBoats' well-earned reputation for well known technical matters and appropriate answers...

Happy Boating

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Oh relax you are always so thin skinned. I gave you the correct answer they need to be pulled and sent somewhere to be cleaned. No mechanic in a PLASTIC bottle is going to help you. But you just sit around until someone gives you the answer you want. Good luck with your motor.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Noting in a can or bottle will clean them correctly as the injector screens need replaced. No chemical will dissolve debris. Injectors need to be sent off and cleaned and balanced, just cleaning is not enough. After cleaning the use of Merc Quickleen will help keep the clean injectors clean. Be very careful using a de-carboning product while engine is runnng as it can cause a runaway..

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Oh relax you are always so thin skinned. I gave you the correct answer they need to be pulled and sent somewhere to be cleaned. No mechanic in a PLASTIC bottle is going to help you. But you just sit around until someone gives you the answer you want. Good luck with your motor.
I'm always relaxed, your Unicorn comment was out of context, not the kind of an answer you would like to receive regarding a subject you have inquired and don't know anything about and would like to learn. Thank's FB for your very much illustrated comment...

Happy Boating