Best option for a wakeboard tower on a 98 bayliner capri

bayliner87

Recruit
I have a 98' Bayliner Capri LS 1850. I have done a little homework but was wondering what kind of wakeboarding tower I should get. Ive heard Aerial is good for the price you pay and also Monster towers as a good bang for your buck. All suggestions are much appreciated. Summer is here. thanks

Marada92

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Best option for a wakeboard tower on a 98 bayliner capri

Both are good towers. Monster probably having the better reputation. Really depends on the look you want though. The aerial towers ive seen have a more swooped design where the Monster is a little more bulky in my opinion. Monster is known to be very solid plus it can be folded down. I researched both when I was looking for a tower and ended up going with a Big Air H2O tower powdercoated black. It fit my price better and was the best look for the boat. Believe I got the tower and two board racks from them for under $1400. Looks were the only reason I didnt choose the Monster. Big Air makes a good tower and has good customer service but the tower has a little more movement in it than I was hoping for. They use a heim joint to attatch to the boat to try and reduce strain on the hull as much as possible. These allow the tower to sway left to right some but not alot. Id check out all three.. they would all be a great choice just depends on how much you want to spend and the look you are after. Big airs website is now Bigairtowers.com I believe if not that then its still bigairpylons.com.

CADEMAN77

Recruit

I highly recommend looking at towers manufactured in the USA.... There are a handful of tower companies which manufacture out of the same factory in China... like all things made in China ( no offense ) the price is right but the quality is well... something else. You get what you pay for, so if you are making an investment in your boat, and your safety, seriously do the research.... Monster does a lot of advertising and has a lot of market share but I am not sold on the swing set looking design... check out some other leading USA built towers like Barewest www.barewest.com or Samson www.samsonsports.com . The samson edge tower looks a lot like the aerial tower with the match in the lines of the boats windshield... but I personally dislike that style... adds too much geometry and is too busy for me.... Good luck with your search....

oldjeep

Admiral

2000fourwinns

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We also have a Big Air H2O on our boat. It was already installed when we bought it. It is not powder coated, just stainless and aluminum. It works great for us and easy to fold down to get into the garage. It also does not sqeak at all so that is a plus. Seems like when I looked it up on their web site it was around $790 for the basic package. I don't know about shipping. But you measure your boat at specific points and they build it to fit.

Will

2000fourwinns

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I forgot to mention also that our bimini top fits under the tower. I am 6'5" and can stand up under the bimini. We absolutley love it when it is 95 degrees and the sun beating down all day, and you have shade on half the boat.

Will

linuxusr

Cadet

I also have a Big Air H2O. I just installed it this spring. Super easy just time consuming took me about 9 hours start to finish. Rode behind it for the first time last weekend I love it. I will also agree incredible customer service.