Best Movie car chase

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Best Movie car chase

Anything with herbie the luvbug.<br /><br />;-)

Dunaruna

Admiral

Gotta agree with pointer, Ronin was awesome. A8 V8 audi - beast of a car. Eleanor a close second.<br /><br />Aldo

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

oh, the original italian job was also pretty cool, the old minis are heaps better than the new ones!

TilliamWe

Banned

Herbie ruled!!!<br /><br />But seriously, reading these posts have made me realize how few good car chase movies I have seen. I have never seen Bullitt, Ronin, Bourne Supremecy, Matrix or the French Connection.<br /><br />Did see Blues Brothers, that chase was funny!

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

1. Blues Brothers<br />2. Bullit<br />3. The French Connection<br />4. Gone in 60 seconds<br /> <br />The funniest for me would be "It's a mad mad mad world" :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Anyone remember the car chase in the "French Connection"? Always liked that one.
Thank you OB. Nothing touches it for realism and downright scare-the-brown-out-of-you moments!. :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by bomar76:<br /> Bullit.<br />All else pale by comparison.<br />McQueen did all the stunt driving himself in that movie, too.
I like Bullit the best. But McQueen didnt do all the driving. He blew most of the turns and had to let a pro take over. In fact one of his mess ups was put in the film, him backing up after messing up a turn.<br /><br />Ronin was good too.<br /><br />Ken

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by tcube:<br /> All time favorite - "Bullitt" - nothing like a chase in San Francisco w/ Steve McQueen behind the wheel.<br /><br />
Yup. That's it.

D

DJ

"Live and Let Die". The boat chase was awesome, but the car chase wasn't bad either.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Well, it looks like I've been quite sheltered when it comes to chase movies. I have some movies to see then. Ronin, Bullitt? Haven't ever seen those. I have to agree I do agree with the "Live and Let Die". Excellent! and the Bandit movies were always fun to watch. Tear up those cop cars! Alright!!

eeboater

Commander

I dont know... anyone ever seen the car chase in The Rock where Sean Connery is driving the Hummer down the hills of San Fran while Nicholas Cage if following him in the Ferrari?! I believe Connery runs OVER a VW Beetle in that movie. Gotta love it.<br /><br />
22-1.jpg
<br /><br />Sean

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

French Connection, Bullit, Mad Max, are great serious chase sceens. Blues bros, Bandit, etc are for laughs.<br /><br />Mad Max would have been better if it weren't for 2 or 3 cuts where the film was speeded up.