Best Automatic Bilge

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class
I see several options for Automatic Bilge Pumps here on Iboats and the prices really vary quite a bit so any thoughts on
Best Automatic Bilge Pump and also is it better to have a float Switch with a separate manual bilge pump ??

I had two bilge pumps with a switch.....one of my pumps just failed and the switch is no longer working either....thinking it is dirty connection have not checked yet.....but, just thinking of optioins

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Best Automatic Bilge

I just put a rule mate 500 gph auto pump in. We will see how it performs. No more worries when on the H20 overnight or during heavy rains. Its definitely a nice piece of mind

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

Web link was kinda weak on info but, thank you for the effort....figure I might get some real world thoughts.....from those of you who post here

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

here are my thoughts... a small pump with a separate float switch (also manual on dash) set where it can pump the hull as dry as possible with the smallest diameter shortest hose practical and also the BIGGEST pump you can afford/fit with a separate float switch about 6" above the other to hopefully save your butt in a bad situation... I also have a third float switch at about 3" or between the others connected to a siren as a warning in case the boat is taking on water faster than the small pump can keep up ... overkill? maybe